Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the Oxford Heaterz Premium Cruiser Heated Grips that come with a temp controller and wonder if anyone actually uses the controller. They get great reviews but I suspect that most people set them up at some temp that works for them and never adjust beyond that. If I don't need that controller as I suspect then I may opt for a unit without one so I don't have something on the handle bars I never use. I'd love to hear from users about this - do you use the controller as ambient air temps fluctuate? Also if there's another brand/model people recommend please chime in.

·
Registered
11,138 Posts
Even if they only have a on/off switch, they still have a controller or sorts. There has to be a way to limit how warm they get.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Even if they only have a on/off switch, they still have a controller or sorts. There has to be a way to limit how warm they get.
Without a controller, they would only go to the maximum "resistance" within the unit itself, up until the "fuse" pops. I have a pair of Gerbing gloves that I use without a controller, since got them used on eBay, and they didn't have one (no "switch", either), but they just get max hot! When they get too hot, I have to take my hand off the grip, because the heat pad is in the palm, so the air can cool them a bit. Works for me. Would suspect the same of the grip heaters without a controller just going to max heat, as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts