1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
You'll have lots of fun with that :)

·
Registered
847 Posts
Good looking bike. Have fun with the project, hope you getting it running soon too!

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
sweet!

·
Registered
843 Posts
It looks like your '86 VT500C is in stock form. You may need to replace the rear turn signals and reupholster the seat, but these are cosmetic. Does it start?

If you need a new battery, Scorpion now makes a maintenance-free AGM battery for the VT500C, which should last longer than the typical wet cell battery.

There are many VT500C riders on this site so ask any questions. Also visit the VT500 forum for mid-80s magazine reviews, photos, electrical schematics and more.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Love the pipes on those bikes! So, what are your plans so far? I know you have some ideas rolling around

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Nice find, Should be a good ride once you get it running, Be sure to get new tires though, Even if they look good they could be dry rotted. That front looks like one of the factory tires they used way back then, Had one just like it on my 83 V45 Magna that I had years ago.

Dauntae

·
Registered
274 Posts
Nice... my buddy just bought the same bike for $1,200. Bikes are more expensive around here though

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
My goodness, what a deal!!! That won't happen very often!
Now, ride it like you stole it, because you almost did!
Dan

·
Registered
358 Posts
Man, that's pretty nice for that price. Looks like it's in good shape.
Little work into it and you'll have a cool little toy.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts