Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just want to give a big "Hello" from Connecticut. I'm a Newbie to your forum, but happy to say at 72 I'm still riding strong. Hopefully, I can be an inspiration to anyone who thinks age matters. I just downsized from my Harley ride to an 09 Shadow 750 Spirit, which is a real joy to ride on Connecticut's scenic roads. Looking forward to participating whenever I have something of value to offer.
Ride while your still able,
Wally B.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Welcome, Wally. At 72 you are on "borrowed time." By our reckoning, likely not more than 25 to 30 good years left before you simply get too old to enjoy it. Ride while you can.

Kindly post up some photos of your ride when you can.

We trudge on.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
:shock: F*ck...dude...you old! :lol: Welcome! My Dad rode until in his late 70's. He's 85 now and just doesn't trust himself anymore. And don't worry about whether or not you have something of "value" to add. Johnmiii has been on here for ever and has never had anything of value to add. :lol::lol::-D

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Welcome. My dad rode his Electra Glide till he had a hip replacement and it was uncomfortable to ride. He was in his 80s then. Don't worry about waiting to have something valuable to share, we all like to listen. Oh yea, and we love pictures.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Hey Wally, You just made my day. Just hope i can still ride when i hit your age because it's not to far off.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Many thanks for the warm welcome. I checked out several Forum sites and picked yours because of the high level of comradery. A very good choice on my part. After viewing Markspike's post I've decided to take up archery when riding is no longer an option. Or why wait? I'll go out this afternoon and pick up a cheap bow and some arrows too.
Cheers,
Wally B.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Many thanks for the warm welcome. I checked out several Forum sites and picked yours because of the high level of comradery. A very good choice on my part. After viewing Markspike's post I've decided to take up archery when riding is no longer an option. Or why wait? I'll go out this afternoon and pick up a cheap bow and some arrows too.
Cheers,
Wally B.
That's the Spirit!!!;)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Cheers,
Wally B.
Well don't forget to stop and get a really good instructor too.. I believe markspike has most of their numbers.... lol... welcome aboard!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Welcome aboard!!

Don't worry about the age thing. One thing I have heard that makes lots of sense:

Young guys should listen to old guys more often 'cause old guys know stuff! :p

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Welcome aboard, Wally! I am a senior too although nine yrs younger. You made a good decision on your downsized ride.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts