Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Honda shadow 600 bobber.
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve searched on here quite a few times and figured it’s time to sign up! I chop and rebuild 600s In my spare time as a hobby. I’ve completed 2 bikes, currently working on the 3rd complete rebuild. These bikes are so much fun and so easy to work on, and with all the knowledge here it’ll now be eaten easier! I’m currently trying to fit wheels from a 98 zx6r onto my 600. I was wondering if anyone had done something like this before amd could help me on making/using spacers for the new wheels. Pics below are of the two builds I’ve done so far

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
1,726 Posts
Nice builds. Thanks for sharing your photos, I enjoy looking at bikes with a creative touch. Good luck with the wheel swap. Thought of what wheels would look good on my bike but I really like my rusty spokes. :p

Reactions: David1980

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
1,726 Posts
I was looking at the wheels from a 2002 Spirit 1100.
Got me to thinking...do the wheels HAVE to go in the same orientation or can you put them on backwards - so the disc in on the left instead of the right ? Tires have a one way direction but do the wheels ? this might open up a few possibilities. Would have to see about the speedo and spacers and all of the other good stuff but can you turn the "mag" style wheels around and run them in the opposite direction? Curious minds need to know....

·
Registered
2013 Honda Shadow Phantom 750
4,063 Posts
I was looking at the wheels from a 2002 Spirit 1100. View attachment 296290 Got me to thinking...do the wheels HAVE to go in the same orientation or can you put them on backwards - so the disc in on the left instead of the right ? Tires have a one way direction but do the wheels ? this might open up a few possibilities. Would have to see about the speedo and spacers and all of the other good stuff but can you turn the "mag" style wheels around and run them in the opposite direction? Curious minds need to know....
I seriously doubt wheels and hubs are directional.

I would suggest replacing the bearings,,,you don’t know where they have been.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.