Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I've had a couple Honda cruisers in the past and I am ready to get back on one again. I owned an 01 Sabre and an 06 Aero, loved both of them.

I am considering a 2000 Aero 1100 but have not pulled the trigger yet. I have always had a soft spot for the old Aero and ACE models.

Loving the forum so far, I wish I found it year ago!

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
welcome bud.

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
Welcome to the horde.

The late 90's Aero and ACE are some of my favorite bikes. I especialy like the look of the Aero's headlight bucket with the integrated speedometer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the horde.

The late 90's Aero and ACE are some of my favorite bikes. I especialy like the look of the Aero's headlight bucket with the integrated speedometer.
I really like what you did with your ACE Kingshead. What are you using for struts, are they custom? And how did you set the seat up? I imagine there was some fabricating involved?

I love the hardtail and spring seat look, I had a solo spring seat on my old 883r but it was out of the box from Rich Phillips. I have never seen a setup like this on a Shadow aside from the VLX. I always wanted to do this on my Sabre but never could find a way to make it work (easily anyway). Plus my Sabre had the tail wires run outside the fender so I would have had to deal with that too. If I do pick this Aero 1100 up, I would love to set it up with a solo springer seat as long as it looks clean.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts