Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner of a 2000 VT1100 ACE Tourer. I picked it up for $400 with carb and wiring issues. Also, the entire bike had been rattle canned flat black. I've got most of the major missing pieces on order and have dug into the electrics far enough to believe that it's nothing serious. I've also started stripping the spray paint. That's going to be the hardest part of this project. I'll start another thread to chronicle the rebuild, but wanted to check in and say hello.

Attachments

·
Registered
02 1100 Spirit / 2012 Goldwing
5,097 Posts
Thats alot of black

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
welcome aboard, poor bike !! :(

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Wow! You don't see too many ACE Tourers around. Can't wait to see the build pics. Welcome to the forum!

Your shop looks nice, by the way. How Do you like that sandblaster? I've been thinking about getting one. Maybe Santa will come through for me this year.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Welcome...I'll admit, when I saw the pictures before reading, I thought to myself "I really don't like that color...I hope he changes it!" :p

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
The guy or gal was pretty artsy with that nuclear radiation skull thing. But it looks like something from Mad Max. Goodluck with rebuild.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow! You don't see too many ACE Tourers around. Can't wait to see the build pics. Welcome to the forum!

Your shop looks nice, by the way. How Do you like that sandblaster? I've been thinking about getting one. Maybe Santa will come through for me this year.
Thanks for the comments on the shop. It's been a long time coming. I don't use the sandblaster a lot, but it's the cat's a55 when I need it (and I think I'll be needing it a lot on this project).

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome...I'll admit, when I saw the pictures before reading, I thought to myself "I really don't like that color...I hope he changes it!" :p
I don't like it either. It's going to take a lot of elbow grease (and acetone and lacquer thinner and gasoline) to get it all off. If anyone has any suggestions on how to remove spray paint without the damaging powder coating underneath, I'd appreciate it. Cleaning chrome and glass is easy, but I don't want to repaint the frame.

The tins will obviously need to be repainted. Color and scheme are TBD. Here are a couple of pictures of recent projects.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.