Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Honda Shadow Aero
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally decided to make an account here. I’ve owned my 05 Honda Shadow for about five or six years now, though it’s been sitting in a garage for the past three years. I’ve kept this forum in my bookmarks as a little cheat sheet whenever I needed to figure something out on the fly and it’s done me wonders. As for the bike it’s self it’s been sitting in a garage for three years due to a flat rear tire. Ran a nail over one year and just never had the opportunity to replace the tire. Every time I had money to get new tires, something else came up that the money had to go to. Well, three years later my lady finally put her foot down and told me I had to get the bike up and running, she knew I missed it dearly. So here we are. I have the wheels, I have all the new lighting I need, thanks to the lovely recommendations on this forum, and all I have to do is get her cleaned up and the wheels mounted and she should be on the road again. I just wanted to throw some pictures of what she’s looking like now, and introduce myself.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
16,859 Posts
Welcome. Looks like it will be nice again.
Get it going and enjoy some sunshine.

·
Registered
2005 Honda Shadow Aero
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome. Looks like it will be nice again.
Get it going and enjoy some sunshine.
Thank you! Shouldn’t be too much I have to do. Just new tires, new lighting, drain the gas and an oil change and it should run just fine. I had it running with starter fluid. But the moment I stopped it just died down. I’m assuming the gas is probably bad at this point.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome, I am in central ohio, are you anywhere near? I am in the market for new tires and mounting. Do you have a place picked out to do the work? I am still in the process of finding someone to mount and balance tires for me.

·
Registered
2005 Honda Shadow Aero
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome, I am in central ohio, are you anywhere near? I am in the market for new tires and mounting. Do you have a place picked out to do the work? I am still in the process of finding someone to mount and balance tires for me.
I’m in the Akron area. As for the tires, I ordered mine from summit racing. Had a hard time finding the Shinko’s I wanted. For mounting, there’s a local shop a friend of mine recommended to me that he went to.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
16,859 Posts
Cycle gear stores have tire equipment to mount and balance, for a price of course.

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
863 Posts
Welcome to the forum from West Chester, PA. Have fun, stay alert and ride often.

·
Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
6,328 Posts
Welcome, I always cringe a little when I see a hammer laying next to a bike.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Any lady that tells you to fix your motorcycle and go ride you better hang on to...

Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: punxsybob

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm in the Columbus area

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 Honda Shadow Aero
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Figured I’d drop an update. The bike is slowly coming together. Got the tires back today. Still need to clean them a bit more. But she’s about ready to be put back together.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts