Honda Shadow Forums banner

Hello from Phoenix...

781 views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Trisha Tombstone 
#1 ·
Hello all,

Newbie here from Phoenix. Not just to the site, but also to the Honda Rebel world. I've been riding Harley's for over 14 years now, but my wife let me get this as a solo ride (otherwise ride an Electra Glide). One of my friends is fixing up an old 1998 Rebel 1100 that I bought from an old roommate. Haven't even seen the bike, besides four pictures. But, I do know what I plan to do to it. I'm planning on going the bobber route. Take the front fender off, shorten up (or put a shorter fender) on the rear. Put on a solo seat with springs under, and somewhere round 12" ape's on it. It's gonna be painted gloss black, so I want to put red spoke rims on it, with whitewall tires. Then see what else I decide to do. Expect to see me around asking some stupid questions that everyone should know.

Talk at ya'll soon,
Josh

#4 ·
@longbeachgary1 is correct. It is an 1100 Shadow. Spirit model. Very nice bikes! Plenty of power and big enough for long rides. I know cause I own one. Now I might be prejudiced lol! but I like the flame job that's on the bike already. Good luck with her! Welcome aboard!

Reactions: bd*
#6 ·
@longbeachgary1 is correct. It is an 1100 Shadow. Spirit model. Very nice bikes! Plenty of power and big enough for long rides. I know cause I own one. Now I might be prejudiced lol! but I like the flame job that's on the bike already. Good luck with her! Welcome aboard!
Thanks for the Spirit part. I was trying to figure out a way to find out if it was a Spirit, Classic, Ace, Sabre, or an Aero. One question answered without asking. Thank you sir.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Hi
Hello all,

Newbie here from Phoenix. Not just to the site, but also to the Honda Rebel world. I've been riding Harley's for over 14 years now, but my wife let me get this as a solo ride (otherwise ride an Electra Glide). One of my friends is fixing up an old 1998 Rebel 1100 that I bought from an old roommate. Haven't even seen the bike, besides four pictures. But, I do know what I plan to do to it. I'm planning on going the bobber route. Take the front fender off, shorten up (or put a shorter fender) on the rear. Put on a solo seat with springs under, and somewhere round 12" ape's on it. It's gonna be painted gloss black, so I want to put red spoke rims on it, with whitewall tires. Then see what else I decide to do. Expect to see me around asking some stupid questions that everyone should know.

Talk at ya'll soon,
Josh
Welcome, i'm new here myself and so far its pretty awesome. I considered going the bobber route with my bike but instead im going "semi" bagger....really semi, haha. Good luck with your build and I look forward to seeing future pics!
Hi Josh! I hail from Phoenix too and just joined the forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.