Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the site and looking for a Shadow of my own. I'm riding a '82 Yamaha Virago for now. Was cheap and got me back on two wheels again after a 20 year hiatus from riding. The shadow I want to get would be either a VT1100 '95 or bewer, or if I find the right deal a VTX1300. A family member has a VTX1300 and I fell in love with it! I'll be back when I'm a Honda owner! Ride on! :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Welcome! Those old Viragos are fun to ride; the only downside is lack of replacement parts now . . . but so long as it's running, you should like it fine.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Grass Valley - That's not too far! Love the foothills! I wouldn't mind a VTX1800, though I have read that the VTX1300 is a better handling bike. Saving my penneys, probably looking to buy next summer. I know that the deals are to be had in the winter, but deals can be made during prime riding season too, if I'm patient. The Virago 750 is nice around town but screams a bit on the freeway when I get her over 65mph! I defintely want big frame comfort! How do the VT1100 do on the freeway? Or would I still feel it's a bit small, like the Virago?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome from Carmichael!

As a newbie forum member AND rider, welcome. I just purchased a 2007 VT750DC. I think it's a gorgeous bike. BTW, the last time I was there, Carmichael Honda on Fair Oaks Blvd had a VERY nice VTX 1300. Really sweet looking, 8800 miles if I remember. My buddy was really eyeing it, but I think he's cooling off for now.

Good Luck finding something!
Bruce

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.