Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Just got a 2002 Honda Spirit 750D from the wife for our 14th wedding anniversary and was thrilled to find a set of forums dedicated to this series of bikes. I haven't had a bike in almost 20 years so it's like being a new rider all over again. :)

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
Welcome from the other side of the state! Nice gift indeed, post up some pics!
Coop

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome thanks for the welcome guys. Maybe we can meet up for a ride sometime. And as far as pics go I finally figured out how to upload a picture so its in my gallery thing so please feel free to have a look. And as soon as I can get some more time off I will get some more pics up.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
welcome aboard. I also re-started riding after a long layoff. I recommend you take the MSF basic rider course as a refresher. Some BS but a lot of great info and riding skill training. Helps shake out the old bad habits.

Ron

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nm shadowman I may look into that. Been on the biker every free second today. Rode to my office this morning on my day off just so I could drive in the rain in rush hour to make sure I could still do it. :) People who dont ride just have no idea what they are missing do they?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok sorry for the multi post spam guys but it seems my post are moderated and I can't wait until a moderator gets my third one approved before I ask (ie my memory will forget the question). What is a good set of cleaners to clean the bike? I know the local Harley place will dress it out for $25 or so which I dont mind spending because its my baby but I would like the excuse to do it myself but dont want to buy something that will hurt it.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
when I wash mine, I just use a hose and liquid car wash soap. I wouldn't use anything abrasive. Dawn dish soap will also do a good job as it cuts grease. About twice a year I go to a local bike shop that has bike detailers come in on Saturdays and pay them $25 to detail it. For everyday clean ups, many on this forum use and recommend Lemon Pledge. yes, the spray on furniture cleaner. It does a good job and kinda adds wax at the same time.

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
You need to post three seperate threads to gain full access. Then you are free to post almost anything anywhere!
I use Quik detailer by Meguires and Ice Synthetic spray wax, Never dull to polish chrome and Lexol products on my leather.
Coop

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Summerville hasn't been to bad so far downtown Charleston is of course a cluster. Only thing that really stinks is the wife made me come to the mountains last night and leave the bike at home so no riding till tomorrow but at least we are in a Miata so it was top down gear jamming the twist and I have found quite a few places to bring the bike back up to.

Welcome, and enjoy yourself. Be carefull of that Summerville traffic. Couldn't believe how bad it was the last time I was down there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.