Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member, have had my '06 Shadow Sabre 1100 for about 5 years, stock seat kept opening at the front seam so I upgraded the seat. Mustang seat arrived today in the mail and it was simple enough to install, it was missing the 10x32 x 3/4" bolts but Lowes had 4 for less than 2 dollars.

Also added the viking saddle bags, I think it looks pretty sweet and the bags match the seat pretty nicely.

Kuryakyn Iso grips arrived late tonight in the mail, looking to add those this week.

I want to look into front floorboards, anyone have any recommendations?

I'm also throwing around the idea of adding a front headlamp visor and possible fog light/bar so there will be 3 lights up front.

Does anyone use highway crash bars? I might want to add them for the added look.

Here are before and after pictures.
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Plant Automotive fuel system
Tire Fuel tank Plant Wheel Automotive fuel system

Hope everyone is enjoying the great riding weather.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to the forum. Your bike looks very nice with the new seat and bags.

Highway bars are indispensable to me. Mount highway pegs and aux lights there. I added my aux lights on the highway bars because it is a different look, that I really like, from the three in a row.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very cool idea, do you have a picture? Are the aux lights controlled by a separate switch?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got the visor and grips installed, also removed the windshield for summer riding. Contemplating highway bars and front floorboards. This is next to my buddies ‘07 Sabre. Mine is on the left.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Plant Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Plant Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Plant

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Totally cool bikes.............I think I will stay with the Shadows for a long time. BTW: how is that Mustang seat? Good for long rides, like several hours? I heard they are the best, even better than the Corbins. That is my next purchase.......I just want a long ride comfort seat.
So the candy apple red '07 sabre was purchased in Tyler and I drove it back for my buddy, 3 hours to Bryan/College Station, it has the stock seat but also has cobra floorboards. (this is what makes me want the floorboards on mine). Seat started to get tiring after about an hour of riding so I took breaks, stopped for fuel, bathroom and water breaks, otherwise it was FUN.

I added the Mustang seat to mine '06 silver/black flames and the seat is SUPER comfortable. It was pretty easy to install and it's deeper. Feels more like a bucket seat and has a higher back which adds lower back support. I haven't ridden 3 hours on it but have done some shorter 20-30 miles rides and it's VERY comfortable. I'm happy with the Mustang seat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts