Honda Shadow Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Totally cool bikes.............I think I will stay with the Shadows for a long time. BTW: how is that Mustang seat? Good for long rides, like several hours? I heard they are the best, even better than the Corbins. That is my next purchase.......I just want a long ride comfort seat.

·
Registered
2013 Honda Shadow Phantom 750
4,395 Posts
Reactions: kesanders

·
Registered
2013 Honda Shadow Phantom 750
4,395 Posts
Totally cool bikes.............I think I will stay with the Shadows for a long time. BTW: how is that Mustang seat? Good for long rides, like several hours? I heard they are the best, even better than the Corbins. That is my next purchase.......I just want a long ride comfort seat.
I put a Mustang Wide Tourer seat on my bike a couple of years ago. Makes a lot of difference!!! I would recommend the one that has the driver seat back, even if you don’t need it. There is a flap that covers the seat back socket if you don’t use the seat back. You cannot retro fit a seat back if the seat did not come with it. Of course my seat back was put in the seat when I installed the seat and has not been taken out.

I have not done a 100+ mile ride with it yet but I can tell the difference during my 45 mile each way commute to work.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
So the candy apple red '07 sabre was purchased in Tyler and I drove it back for my buddy, 3 hours to Bryan/College Station, it has the stock seat but also has cobra floorboards. (this is what makes me want the floorboards on mine). Seat started to get tiring after about an hour of riding so I took breaks, stopped for fuel, bathroom and water breaks, otherwise it was FUN.

I added the Mustang seat to mine '06 silver/black flames and the seat is SUPER comfortable. It was pretty easy to install and it's deeper. Feels more like a bucket seat and has a higher back which adds lower back support. I haven't ridden 3 hours on it but have done some shorter 20-30 miles rides and it's VERY comfortable. I'm happy with the Mustang seat.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts