Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, figured I should say hi. I'm thinking about making a build thread for a project I just picked up.

1999 Honda shadow 600. Front end has been chopped and raked out. Need to clean up the welds, throw a gusset in there I think too. The wiring is all botched. Rear brake is locked up. No title. And the key is a screwdriver across the starter solenoid. Oh well it's only a $500 bad idea lol.

Plan is to get a Vermont title. Finish the front end welding. Clean up the starting circuit and blinker harness. Once that is good. I'll hard tail, fender, and sissy bar.

Here's a few pics.

Honda shadow chopper , and vstrom

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
17,454 Posts
Pretty cool.
Hope the project goes well.
What is the advantage of a Vermont title?

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
1,169 Posts
I like the King Queen seat! Keep us posted on your progress. (y)

·
Registered
'97 Spirit 1100 - Chandler, AZ
267 Posts
Rochey - Welcome to the forum from Chandler, Arizona 🌵

Love the rake on the front fork... looks really good!
Definitely double-check all the welds and add that gusset just to be absolutely sure she holds together.

A great find for $500 and very unique looking too!

Kevin

·
Registered
145 Posts
I’m also in upstate ny! I’m in the Syracuse area, nice bike btw cool look to it, I’m on a 2001 Ace . I’m always down for a ride!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m also in upstate ny! I’m in the Syracuse area, nice bike btw cool look to it, I’m on a 2001 Ace . I’m always down for a ride!
My best buddy is a Gibson! Yeah shoot me a pm, and we can exchange contact info. I just did some of the mabdr of my v-strom. I'm also a new member of the Wayne county motorcycle club. I drive through 'cuse often on my way to PA

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rochey - Welcome to the forum from Chandler, Arizona 🌵

Love the rake on the front fork... looks really good!
Definitely double-check all the welds and add that gusset just to be absolutely sure she holds together.

A great find for $500 and very unique looking too!

Kevin

Yep, that was this weekends work. I hit all the welds with the grinder. No porosity, and had sufficient penetration. I added some 1/8 plate over some gaping holes and went over any suspect welds. Should be very strong now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts