Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

I'm a newbie here and just recently acquired a neglected VT500FT. Not exactly a Shadow but shares architecture and many parts and with the VT500 shadows.

With some searching, I've already found lots of overlap, and looking forward to finding lots more :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
welcome bud.

·
Registered
10,252 Posts
Welcome! Post up some pics so we can see the similarities.
Coop

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi guys:

Thanks for the welcome.

Will post a pix, but gee wiz, give me a few days to polish the old tart up :wink:

Actually, I've done lots of polishing, now I'm looking for some missing/thrashed bits so I'll post a pic soon. It's getting there - slowly.:shock:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Other Vancouver VT500 Owners out there?

Any other Vancouver early eighties VT500 owners out there? I have lots of questions, would like to get together to discuss. Let me know.

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
Hi:

I'm a newbie here and just recently acquired a neglected VT500FT. Not exactly a Shadow but shares architecture and many parts and with the VT500 shadows.

With some searching, I've already found lots of overlap, and looking forward to finding lots more :mrgreen:
Stop the continued neglect and post up some pics of that poor bike already.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello vancouverite! which Vancouver are you in? BC or AC?

anyway, i just traded off my 500 shadow. it was an '85. did some work to it so i can maybe answer some of your questions. you never said what year yours was.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya sorry, it's a 84 VT500FT Ascot. After some more online searching, I think it is technically a Shadow - at least some online parts fiches refer to the VT500FT as a shadow.

This isn't mine, but it looks like this one (it'll be a while before mine looks like that one):

I'm just about ready to post a pix of mine - just a few more parts, just a few more....:wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts