Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't ridden since 1986 on a KZ 400D. From 79--82 I lived in San Diego & road this bike every day even as far as a over the week end trip by myself to Velencia Ca. & back.
The LOML & I had a lot of fun even with this small bike riding back roads & going from Oak Harbor to Bellingham or Evertt & back to do a little shopping.

I have found only one reasonably priced bike that I like the Honda 1100. But I understand they are out of production.

I wanted to set one of these up with a trunk on the back to lock up helmets & small incidentals when we stop. With a good back seat to take short day trips with the LOML no more than 100 miles round trip & do some back road riding to see what there is to see. We are in our mid 60's & don't really want a big bike. Several people recommended the VTX 1300 & 1800 they look pretty fair sized compared to the 1100.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad that you decided to join us!
Post some pictures of your ride when you have a chance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sooo which one do you want to see the Ford truck, the GMC van or the S10? Chuckle just kidding. I don't have a bike right now thats why I've joined the forum, to get informed.

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
welcome aboard Bart. And best of luck with your bike search. :)

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bart. Glad to have you.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
Howdy & Welcome. As you see I have the VT1100, and it's a great bike. A friend of mine has the VTX1300, also a great bike. You can't go wrong when you buy a Honda Motorcycle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Howdy & Welcome. As you see I have the VT1100, and it's a great bike. A friend of mine has the VTX1300, also a great bike. You can't go wrong when you buy a Honda Motorcycle.
So does you VT1100 run on diesel for better cooling & lubrication?

Boy wouldn't that drive riders nuts. Change the oil start the engine oil instantly dark colored. Put a Racor filter on that thing keep the water & debris out. Old time driver crank up the fuel pump pressure & stuff your foot in it this thing is to slow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts