Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the forum! I wanna introduce myself and meet you guys and your bike(s)!.

2001 Honda Shadow ACE, 9800 miles

How long have you been riding?
What bike do you have?
How long have you had your bike for?
Any mechanical problems you had to fix? Upgrading anytime soon?

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,461 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I have an oldie but goodie 1983 750. I have had it 5 years.
Didn't ride for 40 years till then. Rode Hondas back in the 1960s,70s.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 VT500C retro bobber
1,394 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have been around motorcycles most of my life but only began riding them three years ago. I own a 2001 Buell M2 Cyclone, an 83 Honda GL1100 Goldwing, a 79 Suzuki GS1000 and an 84 Honda Shadow VT500C. The Buell and the Goldwing are currently in pieces. The GS1000 was my dads bike and the shadow was my first custom build.
DSCN0073_zps6aqfjnvo.jpg
20190803_091820.jpg

·
Registered
1995 VT1100C2
3,338 Posts
If you want to see many members bikes, click on the three vertical dots next to your login profile upper right screen and look for "Gallery" and "Showcase" or

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have been around motorcycles most of my life but only began riding them three years ago. I own a 2001 Buell M2 Cyclone, an 83 Honda GL1100 Goldwing, a 79 Suzuki GS1000 and an 84 Honda Shadow VT500C. The Buell and the Goldwing are currently in pieces. The GS1000 was my dads bike and the shadow was my first custom build. View attachment 285778 View attachment 285777
OMG, the GS... my first liter class bike! So nasty with that Vance & Hines aftermarket exhaust . That bike would surge forward like a banshee when she got in her range!

·
Registered
84 VT500C retro bobber
1,394 Posts
OMG, the GS... my first liter class bike! So nasty with that Vance & Hines aftermarket exhaust . That bike would surge forward like a banshee when she got in her range!
My dad was a motorcycle mechanic for 25 years. He worked on that susuki for years. It is insane! I watched him spank a Hayabusa at the drag strip with it. I couldnt ever list everything hes done to it but honestly it scares the **** out of me, but in a good way.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
My dad was a motorcycle mechanic for 25 years. He worked on that susuki for years. It is insane! I watched him spank a Hayabusa at the drag strip with it. I couldnt ever list everything hes done to it but honestly it scares the **** out of me, but in a good way.
Roger that... heavy bike, but just quick AF! Absolutely one of my top 3 of all time.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Hi, new to the forum! I wanna introduce myself and meet you guys and your bike(s)!.

2001 Honda Shadow ACE, 9800 miles

How long have you been riding?
What bike do you have?
How long have you had your bike for?
Any mechanical problems you had to fix? Upgrading anytime soon?

Nice looking ACE.

I started riding when I was 18, and took a 20ish year hiatus to get life in order and have a family. Took it back up 6 years ago, and glad I did. I am now riding a 08 VTX 1300. It replaced my 06 Aero 750 a year and a half ago. Loved the Shadow, but it was a little under powered, or short a gear.

And my Aero:

Sitting on my VTX making Vroom Vroom noises.

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
71 Posts
Nice bike. I learned to ride young on a ct70. couple of years later that bike died - bent valve. Got another bike in highschool - got hit! 20 years later, got my cb700sc-son crashed it. rebuilt it and couple years later I hit a deer (ouch). Rebuilt it again (tough bike) had to sell to fix clutch in car because you cant haul 2 grand kids around on a bike. years later I was given a old Shadow to borrow....kept it and made it mine! (later on I gave him a Subaru for the bike) having fun all year round after that!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Nice bike. I learned to ride young on a ct70. couple of years later that bike died - bent valve. Got another bike in highschool - got hit! 20 years later, got my cb700sc-son crashed it. rebuilt it and couple years later I hit a deer (ouch). Rebuilt it again (tough bike) had to sell to fix clutch in car because you cant haul 2 grand kids around on a bike. years later I was given a old Shadow to borrow....kept it and made it mine! (later on I gave him a Subaru for the bike) having fun all year round after that!
Heck yeah! The first street legal bike I ever road was a Ct70. I just got my hands on a ‘74 CT70 a year and a half ago. Gonna restomod it with a Lifan 125. Got some trails accessible right across the street, and I can teach the kids to ride!

·
Registered
02 1100 Spirit / 2012 Goldwing
4,898 Posts
I believe the CT and the trail 70 are same? That was my first bike. I had been nuts about bikes since I was a toddler. I was 11 yrs old when Grampa rolled that beautiful blue trail 70 out of his garage and the monster inside was unleashed!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts