Honda Shadow Forums banner

Hello! Let me see your bike! :D

4K views 33 replies 22 participants last post by  Augie 
#1 ·
Hi, new to the forum! I wanna introduce myself and meet you guys and your bike(s)!.

2001 Honda Shadow ACE, 9800 miles

How long have you been riding?
What bike do you have?
How long have you had your bike for?
Any mechanical problems you had to fix? Upgrading anytime soon?

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum.
I have an oldie but goodie 1983 750. I have had it 5 years.
Didn't ride for 40 years till then. Rode Hondas back in the 1960s,70s.

Attachments

Reactions: Phantom_h60
#10 ·
Welcome to the forum. I have been around motorcycles most of my life but only began riding them three years ago. I own a 2001 Buell M2 Cyclone, an 83 Honda GL1100 Goldwing, a 79 Suzuki GS1000 and an 84 Honda Shadow VT500C. The Buell and the Goldwing are currently in pieces. The GS1000 was my dads bike and the shadow was my first custom build.
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Spoke

#15 ·
Nice looking ACE.

I started riding when I was 18, and took a 20ish year hiatus to get life in order and have a family. Took it back up 6 years ago, and glad I did. I am now riding a 08 VTX 1300. It replaced my 06 Aero 750 a year and a half ago. Loved the Shadow, but it was a little under powered, or short a gear.

And my Aero:

Sitting on my VTX making Vroom Vroom noises.

#16 ·
Nice bike. I learned to ride young on a ct70. couple of years later that bike died - bent valve. Got another bike in highschool - got hit! 20 years later, got my cb700sc-son crashed it. rebuilt it and couple years later I hit a deer (ouch). Rebuilt it again (tough bike) had to sell to fix clutch in car because you cant haul 2 grand kids around on a bike. years later I was given a old Shadow to borrow....kept it and made it mine! (later on I gave him a Subaru for the bike) having fun all year round after that!

Attachments

#18 ·
Heck yeah! The first street legal bike I ever road was a Ct70. I just got my hands on a ‘74 CT70 a year and a half ago. Gonna restomod it with a Lifan 125. Got some trails accessible right across the street, and I can teach the kids to ride!

#19 ·
I believe the CT and the trail 70 are same? That was my first bike. I had been nuts about bikes since I was a toddler. I was 11 yrs old when Grampa rolled that beautiful blue trail 70 out of his garage and the monster inside was unleashed!!!

#21 ·
Yes, gentlemen. One and the same! Produced by Honda from 1969 to 1984. Then they sold all the machine stuff and other companies have been making them since as “pit” bikes. The super classic no one acknowledges. sigh The one in my garage is the Riviera metallic blue. Some color as the one I rode when I was 9.
I have taken off the damaged parts and have the new engine and tranny.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Auto part Engine Automotive wheel system

#32 ·
Welcome, i'm fairly new here myself and enjoying it a bunch! I got started riding when my dad brought home three mini bikes (from California to Montana, one for each of us boys) packed into a Ford Model A with a rumble seat! Never forget that day, I was about 5 years old.
Eventually he bought a couple old Bultaco's and we all rode those to death. Then my brother handed me down his Indian 70/4, which by the way could stomp my buddies Yamaha 80 and Kawasaki 90, only my other friends Honda XR75 could keep up :). Man if you didn't have callus's on your hands, you would after riding that bike! I then owned a 1975 Honda Elsinore 125 until I got into street riding with a brand new 1981 Yamaha XJ 650 Midnight Maxim. I actually rode that bike from the Flathead Valley in Montana to Provo Utah at 17yrs old. Then crashed it at 18, learning one of life's valuable lessons (you know the kind, grow up or die).
I didn't own a bike after that for about 20 years until I bought a 1989 Suzuki Intruder 1400 that I rode for a couple years and then went without again until last year when I bought my current ride, Candy-0, (2006 Shadow Spirit 750) I love her and will never let her go. Already told my wife, when we move out of Alaska that bike is the first thing loaded in the trailer, lol!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.