Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Honda Shadow VT1100C. 1993 Honda VF750C Magna.
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the final remnant of the British Empire that is England. No doubt many of you have been emitting huge sighs of relief and thinking that I had been abducted by aliens or somesuch, but to those I offer nothing but commiserations, for lo, I am back.

Actually what has happened is that I have been ultra busy with the annoying detail that is LIFE. You know, that thing that gets in the way of spending 24/7 on this board. I have been working away for a time and also getting to know some new people in the UK who have just started a brand new chopper magazine and forum.

Plus the bike has been in the workshop for its annual government test and a service so there hasn't really been much to say. Well yippee, the bike passed its test with only a new front brake light switch required.

I got it back on Friday of last week. Luckily for me the day was dry but cold and so riding wasn't too bad. Unluckily for me I had to go collect the wife from work and get some chores done straight away after so it just got filled with gas and put away.

Before I took it in for the test I took off the screen and bags. I actually quite like that completely naked look and might leave it like that for a while. On Saturday there was some pretty strong wind but I thought WTF and went out anyway to get the cobwebs out of me and the bike. I did around 25 miles in the morning and met up with a guy who lives close by who is building a really neat Suzuki GS550 hardtail chopper. When it is done I will post up some pix.

On my way home I suddenly realised I couldn't see my headlights reflecting in the paint of the car in front. I always ride with them on, so thought to myself 'self, you have no lights!'

On the left hand neck panel is an isolation switch which turns them off. It was jammed off and I couldn't move it so off with the seat and gas tank to fit a new switch. Easy job, but when fitting the gas tank back, always remember to hook up the fuel line or your garage will fill with the heady smell of unburnt unleaded. Don't ask me how I know this. :)

In the afternoon I took another ride, got about 70 miles in and then went home. Just cruised so back roads and enjoyed. On Sunday I rode to church, something I don't do very often for fear of frightening the congregation. On the way there, full sun. Must of upset the big guy because I had to ride home in hail. I had forgotten how much it hurts when it hits you.

So there we have it. An update from the English eccentric. 54 and still not dead yet :)

Collector

·
Registered
902 Posts
Collector, if you ever do get abducted by alien types, be sure and come back to give us one of your signature reports. :)
Good to hear from you again.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Good to hear from you Graham! It just ain't the same around here without your words of wisdom.

Happy Trails!

SSLB John

G

·
Taranis said:
Nice to hear from you Graham, and a witty report from the other side of the pond is always welcome. :)
I sure hope you ain't dead yet you still gotta come see me before you die. That sir is no request but rather a demand, if you bail, if you cop out
there will be war. England will not be able to sustain against the crushing forces of the Campbells!

Please note all you goverment spy types, this is what is known as comical banter no need to consider it a national threat and do all that nasty ip tracking..k? )

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CrazyDave said:
Taranis said:
Nice to hear from you Graham, and a witty report from the other side of the pond is always welcome. :)
I sure hope you ain't dead yet you still gotta come see me before you die. That sir is no request but rather a demand, if you bail, if you cop out
there will be war. England will not be able to sustain against the crushing forces of the Campbells!

Please note all you goverment spy types, this is what is known as comical banter no need to consider it a national threat and do all that nasty ip tracking..k? )
if you are a Campbell, sir, then you are probably descended from the bloody Scots. The Romans built a wall to keep you buggers out. :wink:

But I tell thee, sir Dave of Crazy pesuasion, I would not miss meeting thee for all the tea in China. Or the river at Boston, come to think of it. It shall be my privilege to meet with you, sir, and cement our electronic friendship with a handshake.

Who knows, I could be shaking hands with a future president :)

I am getting all fired up about my visit. Sharon keeps asking me if I have decided what I am going to pack for the trip. I tell her yes, but in reality I have no idea. Only 3 months to go, so I had better go to the library and see if I can get a copy of The Boy's Own Book of Packing For a Prolonged Trip to the Colonies.

As I sit and type I can hear hailstones bouncing off the ground outside. :( I sure hope it picks up for the weekend. I have a newly certificated chopper to take out and hooliganise the neighbourhood with.

See ya soon Dave

Collector

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Glad to see you back on here and that your safe and still sane.

Tell the Queen you need a holiday from collecting her taxes and get out there and ride.

Enjoy and be safe,

Chris

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kframe said:
You forgot the most important detail in your update, we need pics of your bike without the windshield and bags!

:)
-K
Here ya go:

Collector

·
Registered
749 Posts
Good to see you back. By the way, how do you know that failure to hook up the gas line will result in the heady smell of unburnt, unleaded? Inquiring minds want to know.......

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Snooze said:
Good to see you back. By the way, how do you know that failure to hook up the gas line will result in the heady smell of unburnt, unleaded? Inquiring minds want to know.......
Because I just DO, ok? *sniff* :wink:

Collector

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
On Sunday I rode to church, something I don't do very often for fear of frightening the congregation.
They probably thought it was an historical re-enactment of a Viking visit. Glad to see you and your pithy observations back. Excuse my lithp.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MikeB said:
Excuse my lithp.
Thomeone thmack you in the fathe? :wink:

Collector

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.