Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I am a new lady motorcycle rider and will be taking the MSC in September! I have my permit and in the state of Missouri I can ride during the day I am proud of myself in the fact that I have come along way in 2 weeks I am comfortable enough that I rode my 2009 Honda Shadow Aero to work the other day! I know what I need to work on and feel that I will be comfortable taking my course along with the guys.. haha I enjoy reading the post on here and hope you will enjoy reading about my journey of learning to ride my ride and doing it safely.:p

·
Registered
775 Posts
Welcome!! Good to hear your accomplishments, just keep on practicing..... you can never get enough. When I took the course a couple of years ago, I learned a few things that I didn't know, and that I didn't know I was doing. You may be surprised, there may be more ladies taking the course than you anticipated. Good Luck!!

Ed

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
525 Posts
Welcome; the collective wisdom of many hours of practice is both fun and a means of self preservation. One thing that I would like to suggest is practicing quick stops while turning. You can read some threads here where new riders were misled into believing this was not possible. Your ability to rapidly stop your bike while maintaining a curve could save your life. Find an empty traffic circle or an interstate cloverleaf and keep going around until you make it second nature.

Hey Abdominaldohman, is that a 1998? From your pic it looks like you may have the same paint as my 1997; ours was the basis for the Harley D lawsuit against the Honda look alike...

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
Welcome; the collective wisdom of many hours of practice is both fun and a means of self preservation. One thing that I would like to suggest is practicing quick stops while turning. You can read some threads here where new riders were misled into believing this was not possible. Your ability to rapidly stop your bike while maintaining a curve could save your life. Find an empty traffic circle or an interstate cloverleaf and keep going around until you make it second nature.

Hey Abdominaldohman, is that a 1998? From your pic it looks like you may have the same paint as my 1997; ours was the basis for the Harley D lawsuit against the Honda look alike...
Take a closer look, that's a 750, it's chaindriven

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
welcome and ride safe

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
Welcome! Yep pics are popular as you can see. Aero's are great bikes!
Coop

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Congrats and welcome, post some pics of your scoot.
welcome to the forum,
pics are good..vids are good too..lol...either one will suffice. but we do love to see the pics of others scooters.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.