Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been lurking a while and after buying my Wife a VLX 600, I decided to join up. :) Having never riden before, this is my Wife's first bike. After riding on my back seat the last year she decided to give it a try. So, when she showed the slightest bit of interest, I rushed out and picked up the '04 VLX. It seemed like a good starter bike she could keep more than a few months without wanting to upgrade right away. After sitting on a few bikes, she confirmed what I thought so we bought it. She has been practicing in parking lots a few times, and yesterday started the BRC course. Unfortunately, day 2 is today, and she has been up all night very sick. She basically spent all night in the bathroom :( . Anyway, I thougt I'd jump in and say hello. Here is a pic of our bikes.

Click for larger pic:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Welcome from northwest arkansas, wish the best for your wife.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Welcome VLXINMO!

My story is almost exactly like yours. Wife wanted to learn to ride and we got a VLX600 this fall to get her started. She's been practicing in the drive, parking lots, and campgrounds, but can't take the BR Course until next spring here.

I hope your wife gets something worked out today. Sucks to be sick when you're trying something new and challenging. Let us know how it went!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Hi. Welcome to the forums :)

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
VLXINMO said:
She has been practicing in parking lots a few times, and yesterday started the BRC course. Unfortunately, day 2 is today, and she has been up all night very sick. She basically spent all night in the bathroom :( . Anyway, I thougt I'd jump in and say hello.
Uh... is it the flu? Food poisoning? Or do we foresee a sidecar purchase in your future :?: :shock:

Just kiddin, welcome aboard and have her sign in too, when she's feeling better...

I was wondering, a neighbor of my parents had bought a 600 Shadow and it was a "hardtail", he complained it wasn't comfortable due to that fact, do you put less air pressure in the tires on those to compensate for the "hardtail"?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
boringrally said:
Welcome VLXINMO!

My story is almost exactly like yours. Wife wanted to learn to ride and we got a VLX600 this fall to get her started. She's been practicing in the drive, parking lots, and campgrounds, but can't take the BR Course until next spring here.

I hope your wife gets something worked out today. Sucks to be sick when you're trying something new and challenging. Let us know how it went!
No way she will work something out today. She literally spent all night in the bathroom, so she didn't make to her final class day. I do hope they can maybe fit her in next week maybe? It would suck to have to pay again and start all over.

Hope your Wife is gettin' the hang of it. Mine is having a blast riding in the parking lots. She has a constant :) on her face while riding.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dwmitchell61 said:
VLXINMO said:
She has been practicing in parking lots a few times, and yesterday started the BRC course. Unfortunately, day 2 is today, and she has been up all night very sick. She basically spent all night in the bathroom :( . Anyway, I thougt I'd jump in and say hello.
Uh... is it the flu? Food poisoning? Or do we foresee a sidecar purchase in your future :?: :shock:

Just kiddin, welcome aboard and have her sign in too, when she's feeling better...

I was wondering, a neighbor of my parents had bought a 600 Shadow and it was a "hardtail", he complained it wasn't comfortable due to that fact, do you put less air pressure in the tires on those to compensate for the "hardtail"?
Yep, she suspects food poisening. I feel so bad for her having to miss her class. I doubt I'll need to sidecar. She is having too much fun learning to ride.

Not sure about the hard tail. I thought the VLX was a soft tail since it has a hidden shock. I just inflat the tires to what the manual says, and it seems fine. The only thing I find uncomfortable is the OEM seat.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome to the Forum neighbor. I'm in north county, between Florissant and Black Jack.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Welcome from Arnold. Let me know if you want to go riding sometime.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Welcome from Texas.

Hope you two will have many wonderful 2-wheeled adventures together.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Hi from Kansas! I'm Susan...I'm a dude. :lol: :lol: :shock:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
17 Participants
Splitear_Leland
Honda Shadow Forums
Welcome to Honda Shadow Forum. Come in and discuss any Honda Shadow models: VT1100, VT250, VT750 and the VT500.
Full Forum Listing