Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
1,595 Posts
Hello 88Jimmy, welcome to the forum from West Chester, PA. Have fun, stay alert and ride often. If you are new to bikes you should just ride for a while and get to know your bike. It looks good as is. Maybe make changes after riding for a while. Enjoy your new bike. By the way, just how many miles are on the bike ?

·
Registered
1994 Honda Shadow VT1100C
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello 88Jimmy, welcome to the forum from West Chester, PA. Have fun, stay alert and ride often. If you are new to bikes you should just ride for a while and get to know your bike. It looks good as is. Maybe make changes after riding for a while. Enjoy your new bike. By the way, just how many miles are on the bike ?
Cheers! I’ve been riding smaller sport bikes for about 10 years. Finally time to get onto something a bit comfier. It has just over 60,000 miles and has a few minor issues ie leaking fork seals, spongy brakes etc.

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
1,595 Posts
Cheers! I’ve been riding smaller sport bikes for about 10 years. Finally time to get onto something a bit comfier. It has just over 60,000 miles and has a few minor issues ie leaking fork seals, spongy brakes etc.
That's not a bazillion miles. These are good for double that and more. Have fun with it. Keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
2013 Honda Shadow Phantom 750
3,798 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

At 60k miles it is just barely broken in. I have never ridden a sport bike but I have had a couple of “standards”, the cruisers are more comfortable. My next and probably last bike will most likely be a GW trike.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Welcome, I agree, ride it a while 1st, see what bothers you about it, then decide on changes. My two rules for mods are

1 Does it work? (at least as well as before, preferably better)
2 Do YOU like it?

everything else is just someone else's opinion.

·
Banned
2019 Phantom VT750C2B [black/ shaft/ 5gear/ hard bags/ shield]
57 Posts
Hi everyone, just purchased a 1994 VT1100C Shadow with bazillions of k's on it. I'm an amateur looking to learn more about bikes. Strip it right down, rebuild it, maybe bobber? View attachment 298857
I had bought a Honda 650cc 1985 Night Hawk for $1,600 with 79,000 miles, plus, it ran well and fast at first. Then, every month something broke on it: The hydraulic clutch, then the starter, then the throttle cable. I ended up giving it to a mechanic friend who really liked it a lot, and had worked on it. -- A month later I was approved for a brand-new Honda Black Phantom, with low payments, at Hap's Honda Sarasota, FL. The Night Hawk was a Nightmare. -- I suggest getting and low mileage used one [between 3,000 to 15,000 miles, at best], or a new one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts