Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2000 Honda Shadow Spirit VT1100C
3,166 Posts
VT1100C and I am about to get it ready to ride...what a BEAUTY!!!!!
Aha! What you have (for future reference) is a Honda Shadow Spirit. Same bike as mine actually, as they made them from 1997-2007 virtually identical. A GREAT bike.

The other 1997 VT1100 was a VT1100C2, or the American Classic Edition (commonly referred to as an A.C.E.). A completely different style VT1100 with different sheet metal, looks, and less horsepower, and much more vibration.

Congrats on a good choice! Let's see some pics!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aha! What you have (for future reference) is a Honda Shadow Spirit. Same bike as mine actually, as they made them from 1997-2007 virtually identical. A GREAT bike.

The other 1997 VT1100 was a VT1100C2, or the American Classic Edition (commonly referred to as an A.C.E.). A completely different style VT1100 with different sheet metal, looks, and less horsepower, and much more vibration.

Congrats on a good choice! Let's see some pics!
Actually mine IS the American Classic Edition....Right on the gas tank....It also says VT1100C2 on the tool box area.....still learning these things....I will wait for a week or two for pics.....as I have the tank and carbs off and am cleaning them.....putting on the new wheels this next week.......just got my motorcycle lift today....changing kit, stem puller and and ceramic beads for balancing come Monday...Wish me luck please chuck. I am NOT a mechanic but can figure most things out!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2000 Honda Shadow Spirit VT1100C
3,166 Posts
Actually mine IS the American Classic Edition....Right on the gas tank....It also says VT1100C2 on the tool box area.....still learning these things....I will wait for a week or two for pics.....as I have the tank and carbs off and am cleaning them.....putting on the new wheels this next week.......just got my motorcycle lift today....changing kit, stem puller and and ceramic beads for balancing come Monday...Wish me luck please chuck. I am NOT a mechanic but can figure most things out!!!!!
Ah, so you don't have the VT1100C (Spirit), but the VT1100C2 (A.C.E.)

Not to worry, you'll learn these things in time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts