Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still kinda of green to all things cage-less. When i bought my helmet i got the smallest DOT approved helmet they had at the store. it seems like it sits high on my head but fits right. Are the helmets that i see on the road that look to sit lower on the head not Dot approved? I want to go small but stay legal.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I have seen baby skid lids on HD riders that barely cover the back of their skulls. If you don't care about protecting your brain filled noggin and pretty face, then it doesn't matter what you put on. Perhaps you can lay your hands on a DOT approved 4" diameter yamaka for jewish riders. Mazal Tov Boychik!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like that, i might be ordering that too. do you know if sizing stays the same with different company's?.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shalom, How'd you know that i was both Jewish and have a pretty face? :) I'm still looking to protect my dome just not as high on top of my head. still looking to cover the whole skull

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
I like that, i might be ordering that too. do you know if sizing stays the same with different company's?.
No, sizing does NOT run the same across various vendors, some run big and some small. Some do that across different models of the same manufacturer. It seems like the Dennis Kirk catalog has size charts for all of the manufacturers they sell. Be aware that if you buy an Outlaw beanie, I had to go two sizes bigger than I measured to get their hat to fit like I wanted.

Buying a hat online is always a gamble. The extra helmet that I bought from Leatherup wound up selling for the same $$ I would have had left if I'd have sent it back and paid their restocking fee, so it cost me $20 to try it on. I'm still happy with the deal though, as I love the helmet.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good to know, thanks. Ill see if there is a shop around me that carries them so i can try it on. As for just getting a DOT sticker, I would like some type of protection so i will go legit.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Big B, got the helmet a few days ago and it looks bad a$$ while i wear it sitting in my living room. figures since i got it it has been pouring, 11 inches yesterday alone. should be cleared up on wed so ill get that lid on the road.
Dorf

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
Thanks Big B, got the helmet a few days ago and it looks bad a$$ while i wear it sitting in my living room. figures since i got it it has been pouring, 11 inches yesterday alone. should be cleared up on wed so ill get that lid on the road.
Dorf
Snow maybe, rain? uh, uh. Lived in Florida for 36yrs and NEVER saw rain like that, and neither did Noah.

Why not post some before and after shots with the two different helmets. This way other noob riders can see what options they have when choosing a legal helmet.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Snow maybe, rain? uh, uh. Lived in Florida for 36yrs and NEVER saw rain like that, and neither did Noah.

Why not post some before and after shots with the two different helmets. This way other noob riders can see what options they have when choosing a legal helmet.
if you search gat803's threads, he did just that.
http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/53...16-new-helmet-review-fight-mushroom-head.html

I actually just sent that very helmet back today. I have a big noggin and it still looked like a flippin mushroom on my head.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it still mushrooms a bit but nothing like my last "smallest legal helmet".

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts