Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi my name is Carly, I am a beginner when it comes to riding motorcycles. This is my second bike the first one I only had for about a month. In this 2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 DC I've had for less than two weeks. I bought the bike and apparently had been sitting for 5 months. I have changed the oil drained out of gas and got new gas. And I am pretty sure that the carburetors need cleaning. I say that because it tries to die down in first and second gear like it boggles down. And just other things that lead to the carburetor like it popping when I have the throttle turned a certain amount. And things like that although I had never change the carburetor before or pretty much anything major like that on my bike. I really didn't know what I was doing. I watched a very low-quality video on YouTube and thought I was ready. But in reality ever since I tried to do this my bike has ran horribly. I started pulling everything off, anything I saw connected to the carburetor I tried to remove. I pulled a cable/wire that had a spring in it. It was next to where the electrical part of the carburetor plugs in it. I have no idea what it's called. That's what I'm coming to you guys for. I know I need to replace this part but I'm not sure what it's called. It's a gold spring that goes into a golden nut that plugs into the carburetor directly. It is the only gold nut on the carburetor that I saw. If I could please get some help I really appreciate it thank you.

·
Registered
2007 VT750DC Spirit “chopper”
1,033 Posts
Pictures would be extremely helpful, if you have them on your phone or on the computer you can simply copy paste them into your post.

Reactions: CSRoad
1 - 2 of 2 Posts