Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've got a Firstgear mesh-tex 3.0, nice quality light weight with a removable windbreaker liner and removable armor. I also got the matching mesh gloves which have venting in them also.

got it all for under 150, from the motorcyclesuperstore.com

also consider motorcyclecloseouts.com they have a lot of last years stuff at considerable discount.

·
Registered
567 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have 2 jackets: Joe Rocket Rio and First Gear Meshtex. The First Gear is very strong and feels good on, but it's heavier than the Joe Rocket. For summer use, I wear Joe Rocket .....it cost me under $50.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Another vote for the Tourmaster Intake. It has CE armor. I figure the only reason to wear a jacket in the summertime is for the crash protection. I might as well get one with good armor rather than just foam padding. The jacket is hot when sitting still, but when moving it works just fine. I actually find that I am cooler because the it offers protection from the sun while letting the air blow through.

·
Registered
567 Posts
CBOLLING said:
Those of you that have the Tour Master Intake jacket did you get the regular or the tall? I am 6'1" 200 lbs with pretty long arms.
I am 6'3" 240lbs and a 35" sleeve I have the Tourmaster Intake and love it. I have the tall and standing and walking around the sleeves are a little long although you have a velcro srap holding them tight. I tried on the regular and it felt good standing in the store. How the answer to your question. When you are on the bike the tall size fits perfect because your arms are extended more than they are standing. Also the tail stays down where the regular might come up over your belt, but the tall., buy the tall, buy the tall.

·
Registered
236 Posts
CBOLLING,

I would suggest trying on different models from the suggested manufacturers (Joe Rocket, First Gear, Fieldsheer, Tourmaster, etc), as different models from each manufacturer are cut differently. Some will fit you better than others.

Jim
2001 Spirit 1100

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.