Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1983 Honda Shadow vt750. so i have three tubes that are dangeling below my bike.. one has a cap on it and i know its the crank case drain plug but i don't know what the other two are. They don't have caps and one is smaller than the other. Also on the left side on my bike there is a piece of metal that is rubbing up against my tire... it is on the back side of the passenger footpeg (so to speak..) not sure what that is either. i had someone transport my bike for me and when he brought it back to me this stuff happened. so please can someone give me some insight!

Much appreaciated!
Eager Rider

·
Registered
617 Posts
I see you posted this 4 days ago and no one else has responded. Can you put up some pictures of the bike and the metal piece you are talking about? User CP is where you need to go to do that. I am also new to bikes and I let my husband take care of the mechanical issues, but I know from being on this forum, the people here like pictures and are always willing to help out new riders. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Ditto on what Badoshadow mentioned. Post photos. Do you have an OEM service manual for your bike? As always and above all...ride safe.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
One of those hoses is for battery overflow, one is coolant overflow, an one is for fuel overflow. They are all there on purpose. no big deal. as far as the metal rubbing the rear tire? We need pics. My drive shaft cover on my '84 VT700 (virtually the same bike) LOOKS like it is rubbing the tire, because of the minute clearance, but it isn't

·
Registered
1995 VT1100C2
4,509 Posts
Pssst. OP was Aug last year and he only posted once ever so either he checked the vent tubes by looking in with a match or that piece of metal off his passenger peg actually caught in his tire and ...

·
Registered
416 Posts
Pssst. OP was Aug last year and he only posted once ever so either he checked the vent tubes by looking in with a match or that piece of metal off his passenger peg actually caught in his tire and ...

LOL. That was funny!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.