Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just bought a 2018 Shadow Aero, and the only thing I want to change on it is the pipes. I'd like to put a set of Vance and Hines Straightshots on it. However, on the V&H website, they only list support for Shadows up to 2016. I sent them an e-mail about the fuelpak settings for a 2018, and they responded with this:

"Unfortuantely we do not offer a Fuelpak that is compatible with the 2018 VT750C."

So I asked them if that means I shouldn't install the Straightshots, and they replied with this:

"We haven't test fit the exhaust on a 2018 either, so are unsure whether it fits. If you confirm it will, I would recommend a Dynojet Power Commander for your tuner."

Do any of you guys have Vance and Hines exhaust on a 2018 model? Has something changed in the Aero's exhaust system since 2016? Any advice on getting some better sounding pipes on my Shadow?

Thanks

·
Registered
743 Posts
I think that you would be pretty well safe in fitting these, as far as I know, nothing has changed with the Shadow from approx 2010 when Honda introduced EFI to the Shadow line in the US.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I would say that even the fuelpack would be the same, as looking at the specification of the engines, there doesn't appear to be any difference between the 2016 & 2018 models.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey guys, I just bought a 2018 Shadow Aero, and the only thing I want to change on it is the pipes. I'd like to put a set of Vance and Hines Straightshots on it. However, on the V&H website, they only list support for Shadows up to 2016. I sent them an e-mail about the fuelpak settings for a 2018, and they responded with this:

"Unfortuantely we do not offer a Fuelpak that is compatible with the 2018 VT750C."

So I asked them if that means I shouldn't install the Straightshots, and they replied with this:

"We haven't test fit the exhaust on a 2018 either, so are unsure whether it fits. If you confirm it will, I would recommend a Dynojet Power Commander for your tuner."

Do any of you guys have Vance and Hines exhaust on a 2018 model? Has something changed in the Aero's exhaust system since 2016? Any advice on getting some better sounding pipes on my Shadow?

Thanks

Hey man, did you end up taking a leap of faith to see if the pipes fit? I have the same bike, color and all, and I got essentially the exact same reply from V&H when I asked about their Short Shots. Would love to have them, but not willing to spend V&H price to find out they don't fit then have to go through the trouble of return, refund, etc.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
A trick to finding if something fits between years is to hit the OEM parts lists to see if stock stuff interchanges.
For example for a look up a muffler assembly from 2016 and 2018 and you will find if it is the same part.
Look up the Wiring list and search for the ICM-PGM or whatever the computer is called from both years, if the part number is that same it is the same.

Look here as an example:https://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts/c/honda_motorcycle/parts

If the stock exhaust fits both bikes, you can be pretty sure the aftermarket pipes will fit both too.
And with the Fuel profiling gismo, if both computers are the same my guess is the after market solution will plug right in on either.

This is no absolute guarantee, but it is probably as close as you will get without trying to fit them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
4 Participants
Thedecline86
Honda Shadow Forums
Welcome to Honda Shadow Forum. Come in and discuss any Honda Shadow models: VT1100, VT250, VT750 and the VT500.
Full Forum Listing