Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i herd about this clog happening in the master cylinder when i pull the clutch lever nothing comes out of the little hole, i pushed a tiny pin through it but still nothing shoots out. what else could cause the pressure relief valve to fail?

also besides a vac pump whats the best way to bleed this clutch?

thanks guys

·
Registered
325 Posts
It’s not really meant to “flow” from there under normal use, the majority is meant to go down the hose via the plunger. It’s only meant to balance the pressure should it become too much. That’s why it’s so tiny (path of least resistance).

Vac pump is really the way to go, even if you jury-rig something. It’s less messy and less likely to induce new air. Otherwise start at the top the old fashion way and bleed at each connection point (banjo) working your way down. Carefully as you DO NOT want to get brake fluid on anything as it will eat through anything. Actually surprised they don’t market it as a stripper as it will even take off powder coat!! Might help to have a second set of eyes watching the M/C level as you do not want to run dry and have to start over! :-x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.