Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not really new here, just changed my name. Hope to get off to a better start. Anyhow, every since I read an article in curiser mag about the new Yamaha V Star 1300 I can't get it out of my head. I stopped and looked at one yesterday and all I can say is WOW. It's got everything I would want in a cruiser, that my sabre doesn't. Belt drive, fuel injected, better head light, more ground clearance for the corners, excellent seat looks like a tractor seat. The only thing the sabre has that it doesn't is hydraulic lifters, but adjusting valves doesn't scare me a bit. Funny thing is I just got a Schuberth helmit off of ebay a couple weeks ago and I walk into the Yamaha dealer and the V star they had is almost the same color, I'm afraid I'm going to spend more money, don't want to, I like my sabre, but I would like to have a 21st century bike, (hello Honda?) I have always had Honda's, If I get it, it will be my 6th bike. What to do, what to do.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yeah, I feel your pain. I've got a thread right now on pretty much the same subject. We are here because we ride Hondas and like Hondas, but sometimes they just don't listen to their market...

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Sitting at my dealership this morning a got a super close-up of the Roadliner. I wasn’t sure what the hell it was t first. I looks like a Buick form the god ol days of the late 40s. It was a horrible brown that I am told was actually burgundy and the most popular they had sold this year at that dealership. I was offered and took up the chance to sit on it. My impressions were mixed. I did not like the sitting position but thought that of my spirit at first to. The numbering on the speedo reminded me of my grandfathers gold watch he got in the 40’s for service to the government back when they did that stuff. I must say I could see it being I my stable but certainly not my daily driver, it felt just to cumbersome. However, I must admit I did not drive it so that could all change if I ever did. Last but not least is that for 18k, I think there is a huge number of options that I may or may not like more. Next to it was a Moto Guzzi touring bike called the Californian of all things. Great looking bike, good seating position but seemed a little behind the times technology wise, however again, I think that as what they had I mind when they designed it. As I walked through the entire dealership, I thought to myself just how old fashioned my impressions and tastes in motorcycles is. :shock: :shock:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts