Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When one is low on petrol and cash, it is never advisible to raid the gas can in one's shed to tide one over until the next payday. To do so is to invite all sorts of mayhem in one's engine, not the least of which are backfires and fouled plugs..... Not that I'd ever do such a shameful thing.... :wink:

Radar

·
Registered
209 Posts
Radar said:
When one is low on petrol and cash, it is never advisible to raid the gas can in one's shed to tide one over until the next payday. To do so is to invite all sorts of mayhem in one's engine, not the least of which are backfires and fouled plugs..... Not that I'd ever do such a shameful thing.... :wink:

Radar
Radar,

Are you by chance suggesting that it might be better to get a piece of garden hose and a two gallon can and go visitin'? :lol:

I'm not going to mention any names :wink: :wink: but back in the day I knew someone who ran their motorcycle all summer from the gas he'd get by going to the gas stations after they closed and draining the hoses. It was more of a challenge than a need I think, thinking back on it.

John

·
Registered
318 Posts
i had a can of gas from last july for the lawnmower, dumped it in my snowblower last month and it ran fine. not saying i'd put it in my bike, but it was still good enough for the job.

are you seriously saying you don't have $4 for a tankfull of gas?! might be time to sell some blood!

barrett

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Depends on how old the gas is and what condition the can is. :lol:

I keep several cans throughout the winter here, for the generator during ice storms. And tank them up again in summer for the hurricanes.

Inbetween they get emptied in the lawn mower and garden tiller so the gas never gets old, or the can rusty inside.

8)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe I have several cans that I keep for various garden implements, and do try to keep them fresh. I suppose I must have missed one.

Radar

·
Registered
325 Posts
gremlin said:
i had a can of gas from last july for the lawnmower, dumped it in my snowblower last month and it ran fine.

barrett
Ha! I've been doing that too for many years---burn leftover outboard gas in the snowblower in the winter and leftover snowmobile gas in the lawnmower in summer. All it really tells me, though, is that Tecumseh and B&S engines aren't very fussy. But I'd never think of putting the stuff in my bike!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts