Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all:

I am helping a friend sell his 1986 VT1100. It is a single owner bike bought right off the showroom floor in CA. It is in premium condition. I will be doing a full photo shoot along with a youtube "walk around" video today. I've seen bikes priced any where from $300 to $2,200 and I would put this bike above any I've seen in terms of it's condition. The bike has a hitch and he had a custom trailer made that matches the paint. If you know of anyone that might be interested, could you have them call me? I'm in Crossville, TN.
Dave Goodwin 931.200.2832

·
Registered
1995 VT1100C2
4,517 Posts
For a premium price; you should advertise as a "collector bike". Personally, I would sell the trailer separately and remove the hitch. The 1986 "book" value is not much so you will have to advertise nationally and stress the one owner/pristine condition and find a collector. I asked a friend who collects older Hondas but he noted you are too far away (shipping cost)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For a premium price; you should advertise as a "collector bike". Personally, I would sell the trailer separately and remove the hitch. The 1986 "book" value is not much so you will have to advertise nationally and stress the one owner/pristine condition and find a collector. I asked a friend who collects older Hondas but he noted you are too far away (shipping cost)
Great. Thanks for the tip and especially thanks for asking a friend. Any suggestions on a national platform for advertising? I've never sold a bike before.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is a link to the youtube video I did. Just 4-5 minutes. Not too terribly long if you want to take a peek.

·
Registered
1995 VT1100C2
4,517 Posts
...Any suggestions on a national platform for advertising? I've never sold a bike before...
Here (Canada) we would use craigslist and kijiji (I think that's is ebay classified in the US.) and possibly Autotrader and advertise under classic or vintage. My friend says 1986 with 46k miles may not be a collectible but to try the free ads first and if no response then drop the price and sell as a reliable motorcycle. We think the hitch should be removed and the trailer should be sold separately but see what other forum members think. My final comment is that packaging both the Goldwing and the Shadow together is just distracting/confusing unless you want to dump them both at a highly reduced price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.