Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all:

I am helping a friend sell his 1986 VT1100. It is a single owner bike bought right off the showroom floor in CA. It is in premium condition. I will be doing a full photo shoot along with a youtube "walk around" video today. I've seen bikes priced any where from $300 to $2,200 and I would put this bike above any I've seen in terms of it's condition. The bike has a hitch and he had a custom trailer made that matches the paint. If you know of anyone that might be interested, could you have them call me? I'm in Crossville, TN.
Dave Goodwin 931.200.2832

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For a premium price; you should advertise as a "collector bike". Personally, I would sell the trailer separately and remove the hitch. The 1986 "book" value is not much so you will have to advertise nationally and stress the one owner/pristine condition and find a collector. I asked a friend who collects older Hondas but he noted you are too far away (shipping cost)
Great. Thanks for the tip and especially thanks for asking a friend. Any suggestions on a national platform for advertising? I've never sold a bike before.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For a premium price; you should advertise as a "collector bike". Personally, I would sell the trailer separately and remove the hitch. The 1986 "book" value is not much so you will have to advertise nationally and stress the one owner/pristine condition and find a collector. I asked a friend who collects older Hondas but he noted you are too far away (shipping cost)
Here is a link to the youtube video I did. Just 4-5 minutes. Not too terribly long if you want to take a peek.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.