Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just have some plain jane saddlebags on my Sabre and I do have the suports on the fender also. Now my problem is that when I get up to highway speeds, if I have nothing in the saddlebags they fly up and look like wings flapping on the rear fender. I know this really is not going to cause any harm to anything but its a little anoying. If I have just the usual stuff (Water bottle, sweatshirt ect.) I don't have this problem.

Does anybody any ideas for how to fix this I have thought of either weighing the bags down with something like a lead plate in the bottom I really don't want to poke a hole in the bag and tie them to the bike because I like how they have a zipper @ the top and I can take them off easy for cleaning and what not.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Most bags have either a tie strap or a loop for tie downs. If your bags don't have either...then there isn't much you can do other than keep something in them to keep them weighted down.

Look at the back of your bags for the strap or loop.

Joe

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I kinda figured. but I knew if I was ever going to find an amazing idea that I had not thought of, I would find it on here.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Here`s an idea........... :idea:

Get some Velcro Tape. Glue one half on the bags (using Gorilla glue or Super glue) lining it up so it sticks passed both sides of your saddle bag supports. Then attached the other part of the Velcro tape on the other side of the saddle bag support. Sandwiching the saddle bag support between the Velcro tape.That should keep your bags in place when riding, and you`ll still be able to take your bags off when you want :!:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Zip ties.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.