Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a Thunder Manufacturing air kit on 1998 ACE 750. Stage 3: 134/138 jets, needles on groove 4. Did not install new pilots (did not come with the kit). Vance and Hines Cruzers for exhaust.

Problem:
The things runs great! But....when I am running at highway speeds and let off the throttle a little, and then re-apply the throttle, there is a very slight hesitation, then grabs and levels out. There is the same hesitation if I am getting on the throttle hard while going through the gears at the point of re-applying the throttle in the next higher gear.

Deceleration seems to be fine at 3 turns out on the screws.

Also, the mpg's dropped substantially. Haven't been able to check it accurately, but probably around 10 mpg less?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Bob

·
Registered
203 Posts
Time to screw out the mixtures screws more.

I put pipes on my 1100 and the big jet kit. It still gets an easy 50 mpg if I drive it smooth and easy.

I had to readjust the screws for a little while til I got the glitches out. Don't recall where I ended up at, but it runs great, don't pop on decel and is smooth on power.

Being the first bike I ever worked on, I was surprised it went so well.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may have to get bigger pilots. The stock ones are #40, and I believe I could use #42's. I think I am adjusted out about as far as I can go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts