Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
it's about time to get with Rick and start picking out some good roads!!

No problem.. it will be the easiest rally to plan thus far (of course this is my FIRST rally to help plan....) :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,345 Posts
denisep said:
it's about time to get with Rick and start picking out some good roads!!

No problem.. it will be the easiest rally to plan thus far (of course this is my FIRST rally to help plan....) :lol:
I think this is all an excuse to put about 10k miles on your bike. :D


edited:

I was wondering if anyone would like to meet for a little camping in June on BRP. Sort of a prelude to the big event.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,520 Posts
Paulie said:
denisep said:
it's about time to get with Rick and start picking out some good roads!!

No problem.. it will be the easiest rally to plan thus far (of course this is my FIRST rally to help plan....) :lol:
I think this is all an excuse to put about 10k miles on your bike. :D


edited:

I was wondering if anyone would like to meet for a little camping in June on BRP. Sort of a prelude to the big event.
Oh HELL YEAH! er, I mean, why yes that sounds interesting. 8)

I've planed several routes, in my head on my mapping software anyway.

Dam weather and job is keeping me tied down.

Detroit next week, Billings MT the week after, weekends on the honey do list. I'll telling ya, when I do bust out I'm going to be a wild n crazy guy!

:shock: 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,345 Posts
thebabbster said:
Rick, try to help Paulie make good choices with the whole drinking in the tent thing. On second thought, nevermind, you'll have a good story to tell at the rally :lol:
That's all they are Tim, just stories to amuse the crowd, little or no truth to any of them. Heck Tim, you know me, I'm straight as an arrow. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Paulie said:
thebabbster said:
Rick, try to help Paulie make good choices with the whole drinking in the tent thing. On second thought, nevermind, you'll have a good story to tell at the rally :lol:
That's all they are Tim, just stories to amuse the crowd, little or no truth to any of them. Heck Tim, you know me, I'm straight as an arrow. 8)
yeah, i figured rick was stretching the truth...didn't really sound like something you'd be a part of :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
Oh, if only I had brought a video camera to a certain camping trip... I'd have a sweet blackmail Strat in my garage right about now... :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,345 Posts
denisep said:
Oh, if only I had brought a video camera to a certain camping trip... I'd have a sweet blackmail Strat in my garage right about now... :lol:
Do you really think that was the first time I've ever taken a drink. Hell, that night was pretty normal, you just don't know me. Nothing to be blackmailed for. I wouldn't want my college years to become a matter of public record however. :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
Joined
·
9,209 Posts
Paulie said:
I was wondering if anyone would like to meet for a little camping in June on BRP. Sort of a prelude to the big event.
If that's a serious question then I might be interested. I'm not big on camping -- I prefer a bed to a sleeping bag. But I have the gear and don't need too much of an excuse for a road trip.

rickbb said:
adlowe said:
rickbb said:
Detroit next week..
Where?
All over the place, have to put PC's in 30 of our customers stores on the network. Staying across the street from the airport.
That's a lousy place to stay!

With 30 stores, you'll be spending a LOT of time driving.

Let me know if you're going to get as far west as Ann Arbor, as far Northwest as Brighton or as far north as Farmington/Novi. All those place are around me -- maybe we can figure out a way for me to buy you a beer if you're that close. Monday and Tuesday are NOT possible but if I get enough done over the weekend then the rest of the week would be open.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,345 Posts
adlowe said:
Paulie said:
I was wondering if anyone would like to meet for a little camping in June on BRP. Sort of a prelude to the big event.
If that's a serious question then I might be interested. I'm not big on camping -- I prefer a bed to a sleeping bag. But I have the gear and don't need too much of an excuse for a road trip.
Serious as a heart attack. I don't care where I wake up, argue with the South Carolina folks, they like to camp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
set a date and I'll take off of work if need be..... virginia side of the parkway or NC side? (I'm partial to Otter Creek area-- as you all know)

I'm so ready for some camping!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a ride on 12 & 13 Jun and I don't camp but I would come visit if it was on another weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,345 Posts
I'm ok with Otter Creek, that gives me a good 4 hours in the mountains going down. Somebody pick a weekend in June.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
how about the 19th/20th.. we could hook up for lunch on Saturday -- that Brewery up at Skyline Drive was awesome, ride for a while -- camp that evening at Otter Creek?

Anyone heading south could take the parkway ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
944 Posts
Unfortunately the weekend of the 19th would be the only one I wouldn't be able to make it up in June, but that's just me. I'd love to join the group if it does happen on another weekend, but it's alright if it doesn't work out for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,520 Posts
adlowe said:
That's a lousy place to stay!

With 30 stores, you'll be spending a LOT of time driving.

Let me know if you're going to get as far west as Ann Arbor, as far Northwest as Brighton or as far north as Farmington/Novi. All those place are around me -- maybe we can figure out a way for me to buy you a beer if you're that close. Monday and Tuesday are NOT possible but if I get enough done over the weekend then the rest of the week would be open.
Actually was told same thing late Friday, will be at airport only sun night and Thurs night, 3 different hotels the other 3 days. Novi is one place that rings a bell.

Basicly anyplace that has an Art Van store I'll be there for at least an hour or so. :lol:
 
1 - 20 of 78 Posts
Top