Honda Shadow Forums banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Meeting for lunch in Waynesboro works for me. The date Denise suggested is good also.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,235 Posts
rickbb said:
Basicly anyplace that has an Art Van store I'll be there for at least an hour or so. :lol:
There's one a couple of hundred feet from where I get my hair cut in Ann Arbor. I know there's one in Novi but I don't remember exactly where. Probably a couple in Livonia. All those places are near me. I'll check for more later.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Let me throw a monkey wrench into the plan. Let's all take a sick day on Friday and meet at Otter Creek, then we can take a leisurely ride up the BRP on Saturday for lunch at that beer place near Afton. Maybe camp again at Otter Creek and home on Sunday. Maybe try for the weekend of the 26th so we can accomodate the Allegeheny River Rat. :lol: Yeah, Neah, or shut the frick up old man, any response will be appreciated.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Paulie said:
Let me throw a monkey wrench into the plan. Let's all take a sick day on Friday and meet at Otter Creek, then we can take a leisurely ride up the BRP on Saturday for lunch at that beer place near Afton. Maybe camp again at Otter Creek and home on Sunday. Maybe try for the weekend of the 26th so we can accomodate the Allegeheny River Rat. :lol: Yeah, Neah, or shut the frick up old man, any response will be appreciated.

Sounds good to me. The students should be back and settled by that weekend. I will double check with the boss on Monday morning that I can take off that Friday (and maybe Thursday). I don't anticipate a problem with the request.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
adlowe said:
Yeah -- you guys set the schedule and I'll make it if I can.
That is 600 + miles for you. If you want, I'll come out a day earlier and meet you in WVa on US50 somewhere. We can ride the last 250 or 300 together down to where ever everyone decides to meet.

edited: I mean that we'd continue on the next day of course.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Here's another wrench from another monkey.

Lets do both! Or better yet camp more southerly in May and Otter Creek in June.

:D

Was looking for some camp/ride/scout trips around the ralley location.

8)

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
adlowe said:
rickbb said:
Basicly anyplace that has an Art Van store I'll be there for at least an hour or so. :lol:
There's one a couple of hundred feet from where I get my hair cut in Ann Arbor. I know there's one in Novi but I don't remember exactly where. Probably a couple in Livonia. All those places are near me. I'll check for more later.
Ok here's the list, I'm car-less, riding with the local sales reps and will be working until store closing most nights, so if your up to it, drop by and we'll quaff a pint or 2.

Tonight, airport,
Mon night Warren
Tues night Flynt
Wens night Lansing
Thurs night Holland.

Fri night Elon, NC. :D

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
rickbb said:
Here's another wrench from another monkey.

Lets do both! Or better yet camp more southerly in May and Otter Creek in June.

:D

Was looking for some camp/ride/scout trips around the ralley location.

8)
Yeah, Ok with me.

Denise, call this meeting to order and let's hammer in a date or two. With two trips we should be able to get everyone in that's interested in going.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,235 Posts
rickbb said:
Ok here's the list, I'm car-less, riding with the local sales reps and will be working until store closing most nights, so if your up to it, drop by and we'll quaff a pint or 2.

Tonight, airport,
Mon night Warren
Tues night Flynt
Wens night Lansing
Thurs night Holland.

Fri night Elon, NC. :D
That pretty much sucks. Holland is the only decent city on that list and it is right on Lake Michigan -- pretty frigid this time of the year. (There's a tulip festival there every Spring, late April. I won't go into the story of the girl I dated who was a dancer in the festival; it was too long ago to be very interesting anyway.

Warren is close to me but I'll be crashing to complete this project tonight. (Back at it as soon as I finish my next cup of coffee.)

Flint is 45 miles north. Last I knew, it led the nation in unemployment. Roger Moore's movie Roger and Me was set mostly in Flint, back in the good old days when unemployment was only 25%. I'm hope to get some sleep again on Tuesday night.

Lansing is 75 miles away. It would be worth the trip if it were good riding weather but then drinking beer would be a problem.

Holland is about 150 miles away. You'll actually be just about as close to Chicago as you are to Detroit. If you get to the Lake, you just might be able to see Chicago on a really clear day. (I've never tried from Holland so I don't really know if it's possible.)

Odds are, you won't even be in Detroit at all -- the airport is West of the city and so are all the places you're going.

Anyway, it doesn't look like we'll be able to meet up while you're "in town". Maybe next time.

Paulie said:
adlowe said:
Yeah -- you guys set the schedule and I'll make it if I can.
That is 600 + miles for you. If you want, I'll come out a day earlier and meet you in WVa on US50 somewhere. We can ride the last 250 or 300 together down to where ever everyone decides to meet.

edited: I mean that we'd continue on the next day of course.
That would work for me. I can manage a 600-mile day without too much trouble but that's just about the limit of my saddle time when I take the secondary roads that I prefer. (I've been sick of e-ways for more years than I can remember. A couple of hundred car trips on I-80 from Toledo, OH to Patterson,NJ will do that.)

When we get locations and dates settled then we can hammer out the details. Everything depends, of course, on getting "clearance" from my wife -- I don't expect any issues but there is plenty of time between now and June for me to screw something up.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Ok, just checked with work and I can easily take off the 24th and 25th of June if the 25-27 trip works out.

Could also do the weekend of 6/4 - 6/6, and possibly, 6/11 - 6/13.

It's harder to say for May, right now, as our on-call schedule for that month isn't out yet, but if I did have May availability it would be 5/14 or later.

*Edited because I wrote the wrong dates for June initially*

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,235 Posts
violette said:
Ok, just checked with work and I can easily take off the 24th and 25th of June if the 25-27 trip works out.

Could also do the weekend of 6/4 - 6/6, and possibly, 6/18 - 6/20.
Later is better for me -- can't go until the kids are out of school on the 17th.

On edit: Just got "preliminary approval" this morning. It doesn't mean much -- I didn't actually ask and neither of us looked at a calendar. But I'll run with what I got.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
adlowe said:
violette said:

Could also do the weekend of 6/4 - 6/6, and possibly, 6/18 - 6/20.
Later is better for me -- can't go until the kids are out of school on the 17th.

On edit: Just got "preliminary approval" this morning. It doesn't mean much -- I didn't actually ask and neither of us looked at a calendar. But I'll run with what I got.
She didn't say no. :lol:

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
violette said:
So, does that mean our front runner is the 6/25 weekend now?
I'm in on either date, so when Rick gets back into town y'all can finalize the date.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,235 Posts
Paulie said:
She was actually pretty encouraging. As far as I'm concerned, that was a "yes". Now I just need to know when to block out my calendar.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
adlowe said:
Paulie said:
She was actually pretty encouraging. As far as I'm concerned, that was a "yes". Now I just need to know when to block out my calendar.
I'm pretty sure that 3 of us are going the weekend of 6/25. If you run into Rick this week you can see what he thinks. I'll email Denise today and see what she says.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I'm a 75/25.. pretty sure it won't be a problem.. nothing on the schedule for that weekend thus far.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Good, ok I'm psyched, I'm going home and pack my camping equipment.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts