Honda Shadow Forums banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I just posted a thread (Late Spring Meet-Up) under the Rides Folder saying we were meeting for lunch on the 26th and some of you were going to camp at Peaks of Otter after that. I referred them to this thread for more info.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
adlowe said:
Paulie said:
In any case, my plan will be to bust back on the insterstates on Sunday. I'll email Dawn and Denise tomorrow and maybe we should start something in the ride section in case anyone else would like to either meet up or camp.
Hey, now there's a thought. I need to come up with a plan for what I'll be doing afterward. Originally I was thinking of heading to CT to meet up with my cousin from Guam (he's bringing his whole family over for the first time in about 5 years) but now he's leaving on the 28th so that won't work.

We need to come up with a name for this get together. It is too late in the year to use the word "Spring".
On Sunday you can shoot straight up I81 to I84 and be in CT just in time to wave good bye.

We can call this thing the Junebug-out.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,235 Posts
Paulie said:
On Sunday you can shoot straight up I81 to I84 and be in CT just in time to wave good bye.
That would be just about it, too. I'm thinking more along the lines of heading out to CT first and then making my way down to Otter Creek. That would leave me free to ride the entire NC portion of the BRP afterward -- something I've never done. (I've done the whole VA portion and Skyline Drive in the same day. A very surreal experience merging into regular traffic at the end of that!) Since I'll have camping gear with me, I can extend my road time quite a bit before feeling a pinch in the wallet.

There's still a lot of details to work through before I have any clear idea of what I'll do before and after. There are a host of family-related issues that come up any time a trip to CT comes into the picture -- who's angry with me from my last visit, who will be angry with me after my next visit, who won't care and who can't stand the thought of me being in the same state, etc.

Hey, any confirmation on the place in Afton -- is it the Blue Mountain Brewery? It is about 5 miles from where the BRP meets Skyline Drive.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ya'll still dojng Rally's?? LOL!! I might even be pursuaded to show up this year if things stay good like they are now, if Harley's are still allowed??
I will keep an eye on this thread!
Robert

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,235 Posts
Hey, no problem with Hardleys -- or any other bike. It's the riders taht might be an issue. :D

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
vtxrob said:
Ya'll still dojng Rally's?? LOL!! I might even be pursuaded to show up this year if things stay good like they are now, if Harley's are still allowed??
Robert
Hey Rob, you know you're always welcome to the ECR, you're welcome to join us for this little camping to do we're planning in May as well, if you are free.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Paulie said:
vtxrob said:
Robert
Hey Rob, you know you're always welcome to the ECR, you're welcome to join us for this little camping to do we're planning in May as well, if you are free.
Weren't we planning for June? :)

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,235 Posts
violette said:
Weren't we planning for June? :)
Yes. But give him a break -- he's been packed for over a month now and Barry (C Nile) threw him off by calling it a Spring get together.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
I'm an old alchy, you can't expect me to remember what month is spring. You are correct sir, it is June. Damn I want to go somewhere in May.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I can be at the Brewery on June 25th.. with sleeping bag and tent. I just sent this thead to Dave at the house..

We could even camp out farther south down the parkway on Friday night if you guys want and then at Otter Creek on Saturday night, or whatever.

I don't care as long as we're together and in the mountains.. I'm so sick of driving back and forth to work with no scenery that I could puke.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
I'm confused (not an unusual condition for me), I thought we were meeting for lunch on the 26th (Saturday)? I can make it on Friday as well though.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,235 Posts
Maybe I haven't got it quite right but as s I understand it, Paulie and I are meeting up in Clarksburg, WV late on Thursday (location TBD) then heading to the brewery for lunch on Friday. Sounds like we'll be meeting Denise there, maybe Dave, too. After lunch, we'll ride some then go camp somewhere. Saturday will be more riding and more camping. (Otter Creek is at the top of the list for camping at least one night.) Violette will be joining in somewhere.

That would make rallying points Clarksburg, WV on Thursday evening, Afton, VA for lunch on Friday and Otter Creek campgrounds for either Friday or Saturday evening. Afton could also be used on Saturday if the brewery is good enough for two lunches; if not, we can come up with another spot and make Afton the rallying point on Saturday.

The key, of course, is communicating plans. Most important to me is meeting up with Paulie and Thursday evening is my preference because I want an "extra" day of riding down there. After that, I'll go along with whatever consensus forms.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
adlowe said:
Maybe I haven't got it quite right but as s I understand it, Paulie and I are meeting up in Clarksburg, WV late on Thursday (location TBD) then heading to the brewery for lunch on Friday. Sounds like we'll be meeting Denise there, maybe Dave, too. After lunch, we'll ride some then go camp somewhere. Saturday will be more riding and more camping. (Otter Creek is at the top of the list for camping at least one night.) Violette will be joining in somewhere.

That would make rallying points Clarksburg, WV on Thursday evening, Afton, VA for lunch on Friday and Otter Creek campgrounds for either Friday or Saturday evening. Afton could also be used on Saturday if the brewery is good enough for two lunches; if not, we can come up with another spot and make Afton the rallying point on Saturday.

The key, of course, is communicating plans. Most important to me is meeting up with Paulie and Thursday evening is my preference because I want an "extra" day of riding down there. After that, I'll go along with whatever consensus forms.
Actually, the brewery on Saturday makes more sense. The last time Chuck and Merry met with about 10 others near Manassas for a ride the ended up with lunch at the brewery. That is what I was thinking might happen this time. So far, there doesn't seem to be much interest. That would give Art and I more than half a day of riding from Clarksburg. We can also meet at the brewery on both days, what the hell. :lol:

Perhaps we should adjorn this discussion to the thread in rides and events, so that others can see that it has some traction?

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,235 Posts
Paulie said:
Perhaps we should adjorn this discussion to the thread in rides and events, so that others can see that it has some traction?
Works for me. I copied my last post over there because it has as mcuh of an outline as I think we have right now.

Hopefully others will chime in and whip the plans into shape.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
I vote to meet for lunch on Friday so you guys can go sleep on the ground that night.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts