Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just getting into Shadows. Found an '86 VT500C for $600.00 and figured I might need a little help getting her up and running!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Welcome to the clan! A picture is a must here.........

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys!! I haven't even got it home yet!!! Bought it yesterday and today I get to rent a U-Haul trailer and pull it to the house.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
welcome bud!

·
Registered
10,252 Posts
Welcome from just down the road! Get that camera out and post a pic!
Coop

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got it home and took the trailer back late last night. Looking at it, it looks pretty good for it's age. I'll get some pictures posted as soon as I can. The only body damage I've seen is a dent in the right side fuel tank. Looks like a ball-peen hammer hit it right on the right side top curve of the tank. And of course it is showing it's age and needs a good cleaning.
It's not running at them moment, it'll start and idle but if you try to throttle it up or touch the choke it dies. I'm going to build the cards and see if that fixes it. I think it sat for a while and got gummed up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome from just down the road! Get that camera out and post a pic!
Coop
Cool! And I'll do that! Just as soon as I get every thing set up. Gotta get through the posting limit and get a photobucket account setup.:-D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts