Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all Well second post this time I have a question. So have a bad oil leak. Cant find it. I actually have two leaks but found the second one. Leak I cant find and is the one that is stumping me. It seams to be under just right of the oil filter housing. Dripping down I think it is behind the water pump. I think it is the water pump. There is a hose going to the radiator"assuming" I cant see were it is coming from. The second leek is the cam plug back left. All the manuals say remove the motor to replace it But im going to try to fix in place. I have removed the plug. It is cracked and bridle SO getting a new one. Going to insert it half way. then stuff it with black silicon, shove it in. Let it cure for 2 days and See what happens. What you all think Thanks for the help
Shadow 2000 1100 C

You can see by the arrows were it leaking.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After some recherche It is a guide plug that is leaking. Found great articals on repairing it. Hope to do it soon. Any thoughts on the cam plug fix? Frank

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hello all. After getting the bike on the lift, witch took some custom blocks, I do not think it is the guide plug. it looks clean around it and the leak is to far back and above the guide plug. it seams to be leaking from or above the water pump were it enters the engine. Can the water pump leak oil or around it leak. I cant see anything above the pump so see any leaks is there a place above that can leak. Im kinda stumped. Any help would be appreciated Frank

·
Registered
173 Posts
Champdog. You most likely have a guide plug leak. It is a very common problem with Single Pins. I have done a temporary fix on two separate bikes. They both have not leaked since. One of the fixes has over 50,000 on the fix. I say temporary because I didnt take it all apart. Took me about 30 minutes and $10. If you want more info PM me. I want to talk to you about the camshaft plug leak. I am at the beginning stages of one and I am watching it closely. I have a 99 Honda Aero 1100. Talk to you soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts