Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Its been a while since I have had a chance to post. I have been keeping an eye on the forum, but haven't had the time to reply to anything. I have wired my stebel horn but am having problems trying to mount it. I have a feeling that If I mount it on the brake side swingarm, it might be a bit to close to the exhaust. Any one have any suggestions??
Well, it nice to be back and I hope all are doing well.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I mounted mine up front, on the top half of the right fork.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I don't have the Stebel horns, but I mounted my air horns on the cross member to the rear swingarm...here is a photo:

http://www.spirit-1100.com/images/Airhorns2.JPG

I think I used 1/4-20 screws and drilled/tapped the crossmember but I don't know why you couldn't use a self tapping screw. The crossmember is hollow so you don't have to worry about damaging anything...just make sure to be on the crossmember and not the drive shaft tube. :D

Edit...this is on the Spirit...not the Valk. :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
I removed the stock horn and used the same hole for my mount. I used a 6" piece of aluminum flatbar stock and tilted the bar so that the horn is perpendicular to the ground.

Doesn't look bad, and its out in front...so I have the best chance of being heard.

Good lick...Bazz

·
Registered
249 Posts
I mounted mine,inside,my fork mounted tool bag,which always dampened my reg papers and gloves. I made a bracket that cme out the top of th bag and mounted to the stock horn bracket,then i cut a portion of the bottom of bag to allow unobstucted sound.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I mounted mine under my radiator with a bracket I fabbed out of aluminum and bolted to the original horn mount.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cybrhick said:
www.pepsx.com sells a mount to attach it to the underside of the swingarm right in front of the rear tire. My wife's bike and my own are set up this way. Very easy, and very cheap.
you say on the right side...right side while sitting on the bike? You mounted it facing the rear right? Ever have a problem with rain getting to it???

·
Registered
46 Posts
bweiner10 said:
cybrhick said:
www.pepsx.com sells a mount to attach it to the underside of the swingarm right in front of the rear tire. My wife's bike and my own are set up this way. Very easy, and very cheap.
you say on the right side...right side while sitting on the bike? You mounted it facing the rear right? Ever have a problem with rain getting to it???
Not the right side. It mounts under the swingarm in the center directly in front of the rear tire. 2 years with no issue with rain or anything. And I am an all weather rider.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awsome, that picture really helps alot. Thanks again for all your help, and its nice to be back on the board...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts