Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
10,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Saddle bags rest on the pipe on the right side. (VT1100) I was wondering which brand of saddle bags are the most heat resistant on the bottom.

Mine are not really melting (leather) but are becoming somewhat disfigured on the bottom inside where there is some plastic. Perhaps I need to make metal inserts for the bottom?

I have seen shorter bags but do not want to mount them as I need it to be more functional. Look is secondary.

· Registered
336 Posts
Do you just have the bags slung over? Or do you have bag supports - U shaped rods or brackets that keep the bags away from pipes, shocks and tires.

Gumpy

· Registered
871 Posts
I have River Road brand bags and I had to put on saddle bag supports. When I put the bags on I also took the seat off and laid them over the rear fender. I had to punch more holes in the flaps in order to get them to hang high enough to stay off of the pipes. I have about 2" of clearance between the bag and pipe.

· Registered
789 Posts
I use an ancient pair of Willie and Max throwovers. They're small, not waterproof, and the leather is a little stiff, but they don't hit the pipes and I didn't have to move the rear signals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.