Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy some lamps to go on top of my light bar. I was thinking of buying these but wasn't sure if the bike would have enough juice for them. Anyone have any idea?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
That is two 130Watt bulbs added to your system. Yes it is too much. Two 55 watters are planty and those 4" offroad lights might look out of place on the bike as well. They are more of a spot light and not a flood light also.

Running two 55 watters will tax your system if you are in town and sitting in traffic, light to light, short hops to and from the sstore etc. You should run th ebike on highway speeds to get a good recharge on the system otherwise you will be topping your charge off every week to make up for the draw.

But these....no...too much.

Gonz

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
I doubt very seriously if the charging system would keep up with them.

Those things draw over 21 amps.

I have a set of the KC 130watts on my truck and you can really tell when
they are on...

If you want to singe the back of someone's neck in front of you, they
are fantastic lights... but I believe it would be way too much
for the bike's charging system.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
MrRngr94 said:
ok. I found the person also sells them in 55 watts. Is that still a "no"?
As rickbb said, that would be the max you'd want to go.

Also, put a toggle switch on them so that you can turn them off when
the bike is idling.
Not that necessary to turn them on while sitting at a light, idling, but
when you start it, if you let it warm up for a couple or when
you are working on it while running.. that's when you'd want them off.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok. The lightbar already has a toggle for the lights that used to be on there. I don't know what happened to the old lights. I guess the guy I bought the bike from lost them or something.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
These are what I am running on my Sabre http://www.cruiserfx.com/Light_Brkt.htm I only have them hooked to the low beam so mostly only use at night and they are two 55w lights, as Gonzo mentioned these are probably the max you want to go, I've had mine for only a few months and so far no problems using them the way I do.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm still looking around. Might hit the flea markets this weekend. I'm trying to find some 35w lamps. That would put my mind a little more at ease. I would love to fabricate some kind of HID setup. I'm just not sure where I'd mount everything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts