Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well its me again, im trying to start a tread, but this forum looks like it has some 3 post rule before i can start posting. so this is number 3

strange rule, im a member of lots of forums, first time i have ever seen this rule, can i ask why make new members jump through such hoops?

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
11,069 Posts
Hoops are necessary to stop the amount of spam that was inundated the forum. Since the adoption of the three thread rule no spammers have hit the forum yet.

·
Registered
10,252 Posts
And it is worth it here!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hoops are necessary to stop the amount of spam that was inundated the forum. Since the adoption of the three thread rule no spammers have hit the forum yet.
if i may make a suggestion, i run some forums, and found that around christmas, some spam bots figured a way to get around the CAPTCHA (human check) google runs one of the best, and google (last time i checked) wont even recognized that it has been cracked.

it was bad on my site, had about 50 spam bots signing up per day, so we scraped the captcha all together and activated vBulletin question and answer human verification. All spam stop immediately.

have never looked back, most spam bots were comeing from china, Russia, and a few others.

I made 3 or 4 simple questions and answers, like what color are stop signs, and crap like that.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
welcome bud. nice to have another kentuckian aboard!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Welcome. Looks like you've hit your 3 posts. put a pic of your bike into your signature so we can see it on every post! The natives love their pics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts