Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey riders,

This is my first post but I am so excited about the new HID lights that I just bought from Retro Fit Source for right under $90 that I thought I would share my installation video just in case someone else was thinking about installing these. https://youtu.be/XJckaxFl4oo

Now that the lights installed and I have ridden at night with them it is easy to see a big difference. I no longer need to use my extra lights to get a larger field of vision. The lights I picked out are 4300K so they are a lot whiter than the stock bulbs and WOW the difference is "night" and "day":D. The kit was very nicely made of good quality material and easy to install also. Hope this is able to help someone out there that may be trying to decide to get HID lights or not. Thanks

Happy riding

·
Registered
322 Posts
I like that kit, looks simple enough to install. I'm gonna have to pick one up, I can just barely make out things in the road with my stock light and it's a little unnerving.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Oh my! That's just about the worst beam pattern I've ever seen.

Please tell you don't think that's actually how it's supposed to look!

Here's how a proper headlight should look. Notice the wide angle, proper cutoff, and no scattering or hot spots.
Obviously a car vs a bike. Its the stock housing and reflector that Honda designed, the bulb makes no difference. So drop the tude.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Obviously a car vs a bike. Its the stock housing and reflector that Honda designed, the bulb makes no difference. So drop the tude.
Not sure what a 'tude' is...

When it's warmer out (and not raining), I'll snap a pic of my headlight on my garage door. Probably not much point in me trying to show the beam pattern while my bike is parked inside the garage.

Not sure what bulb you put in, but I'm pretty sure the beam pattern is not supposed to look that crappy. Maybe you should put the stock bulb back into the stock housing? Or perhaps try retro fitting a projector kit and not have to deal with the stock reflector?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
As promised, here's a pic of my headlight against the garage doors. Pic was taken with my iPhone with HDR mode on. May be worth mentioning, driveway is on a slight incline, so headlight is pointed up slightly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.