Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently running a Silverstar bulb with a modulator kit hooked up to my headlight. It's pretty bright but wondering if I should take it all out and go this route:

HID Kits, BMW Aftermarket Bumpers & Lighting, DEPO - DDM Tuning

Pros & Cons with either and if you've experienced both, what was your experience and what was the reason why you chose one over the other?

Thank you.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
The con for anything like this is developing a false sense of security.
If you develop your situational awareness to a high enough level you will notice and avoid trouble long before a brighter or flashing light would be 'needed'.

Work on that and use the $$ for gas for more riding ;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I find that when a bike is approaching me with a modulator, it mesmerizes me and draws all my attention to it and worry I may be missing other important things. I'm not a fan of modulators

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
8,878 Posts
I'm unabashedly a HUGE fan of what a modulator can do for you.. They do cut down on muppets pulling out in front of you to a GREAT degree.. .. .. :neutral: ..True.. They do make you look like a bit of a clown-show... BUT .If you can live with that, then they will get you noticed.

The HID thing.. Don't know... Yet... But I am working on it.. More on that soon :mrgreen:

·
Registered
320 Posts
I don't have a modulator but I did convert to HID nearly a year ago. I did so because the standard headlight on my shadow was simply inadequate. I was always out running my headlight. I love the HID, gives me great distance and nice side by side. I have my from Kensun. It is the 6000k very clear light, and even using the original canister, no one was flashed their lights at me. Reduced the 55 watt draw to 35 watts. Also converted everything else to LED.

Nice plus was that I did not need to run another wire back to my battery. Instead, I got an extra wire (free) that allows me to plug directly into the original headlight socket for my power source. This maintained the hi / low through the original switch.

I have the identical set up on my Vulcan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts