Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, quick question. Since they don't make any highway bars for the VT500 I found these that i like. Just wondering if anyone knows will they fit? I'm able to make some modification and bolting to the downtube is a big plus.
In the pic it looks like they're on an older 750. Could anyone with an early 750 measure frame downtube diameter and width between tubes (outside to outside) for me?

Amazon.com: MC Enterprises Multi-Fit Hi-Way Bar O-Ring Pegs 3358: Automotive

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
I don't think I would classify those as highway bars, more like an extended riding pegs, probably wouldn't be much help if you fell over or slid, but would give you some place to extend you feet out such as we do with Engine (Highway) Guards then place foot pegs on them to allow a stretch while riding................

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I don't think I would classify those as highway bars, more like an extended riding pegs, probably wouldn't be much help if you fell over or slid, but would give you some place to extend you feet out such as we do with Engine (Highway) Guards then place foot pegs on them to allow a stretch while riding
+1 agreed.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
without a measurement i don't know if they would fit kathy..... but i do know there's nothing for that bottom to connect to. there's no cross frame in the front right there.

As for the other comments, I know it's not an engine guard. It's highway pegs. That's all i really care to have. When i take long trips i'd like to have them so i can stretch out a little.

Back to my original question can anyone take measurements of downtube diameter and width in the fron of the bike there? Or am i gonna have to just bite the bullet and order them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts