Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Honda Shadow Aero VT750, with MC Enterprises loor Boards and Heel Toe Shifter. I was thinking about putting on a set of Lindby "Linbar" Highway bars, and wondering if anyone has them on their bikes, and if the would reccomend them? Also, I would like to put Whitewall tires on my bike. The only tires that I can find close in size are; FRONT = 140/80-17 (stock size=120/90-17) and REAR = 170/80H-15 (stock size=160/80-15). Can anybody tell me if A) They would fit, and B) would they make the bike dangerous to ride?
Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Steve

· Registered
38 Posts
Hey Steve!
I have a friend with a warmed custom Holden car, he was looking at putting Whitewalls on it. The tires were quite expensive so he looked for other options. He found a product which gave the look of whitewalls using the existing tires. It was a fibreglass/plastic compound, white, flat ring, which fitted under the bead of the tire when deflated and stayed sung against the tire wall by the pressure of the inflated tire. I do not know if the same thing is available for bikes but it may be an option which allows you to keep the tires you have.

Just a thought... :wink:

Sam

· Registered
150 Posts
Be carefull with your highway bars I have the same Floorboards you have and I put Cobra HIghway bars on (05 sabre) and they do work.... however I had to take a trip to the hardware store to get some spacers and longer bolts.

It's like the floorboards don't take into account the space needed to bolt in the highway bars to the peg mounts.

how do you like your floorboards?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
meatpopsicle said:
Be carefull with your highway bars I have the same Floorboards you have and I put Cobra HIghway bars on (05 sabre) and they do work.... however I had to take a trip to the hardware store to get some spacers and longer bolts.

It's like the floorboards don't take into account the space needed to bolt in the highway bars to the peg mounts.

how do you like your floorboards?
I really like the floorboards, and especially the heel/toe shifter!! But I've read a few reviews on the Linbar Highway bars, and everyone says they have to adjustboth the brakes and the shifter. Plus not sure if they'll fit around the floorboards. Mot sure which ones to get.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.