Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has ever moved their highway pegs INSIDE their crash bars. I have the offset Kury ones, but they spread my legs apart a little more far than I would care, especially when it is cold.
I am thinking it might be a little tight in there, with the brake pedal and all..
Just curious..

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had em like that, its in the sig pic, but it kinda freaked me out not being able to just pull my feet out easy so i switched to the ones that attatch to my highway bars ( on the outside) There is a kit out there but i cant remember who makes it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've had the Kuryakyn offsets outside, inside, up, down, and just about everywhere you can put them on Cobra engine guards. Finally, I most recently took the offset pieces off and attached the pegs directly to the clamps with some additional washers, and positioned them so they fold down on the outside of the bars. They don't stick out so damn far now, are positioned more comfortably, and give (I think) a cleaner look without so many angles

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Mine are on the inside

Mine are on the inside, and are great. Very comfortable highway position, very relaxed and natural. The legs stay in line with the hips, reducing pain and fatigue on the hips. Easy to get to the brakes when necessary. This one change, along with the Mustang seat w/ drivers backrest, has made it possible for me to continue riding, and ride long hours at that. Jim Mann

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hey Jim. Any chance we could have a pic of how the pegs are mounted?

Don't panic if you can't, just thought it would help by seeing your setup.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I say change yer bars to Lindby - the best of both worlds. Highway foot rest and engine guard all in one. I thought I had came up with the idea myself until I saw them on the net a few years ago. Should I ever decide to get an engine guard, here's where I'll go: http://www.lindbycustom.com/shopCart/index.cfm?action=ViewDetails&ItemID=31&Category=10

Though it doesn't look like they make one for the Spirit 1100, so I guess I'll have to wait until I can make my custom Vegas... 8)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Do not think of the Lindby's in terms of crash protection. I went down last summer and the Lindby folded very quickly; their construction and attachment to the bike are very light weight. In fact there is a sticker on them warning that they are for appeanace only and do not provide crash protection.

I replaced them with a set of Cobras.

john
'04 Sabre

·
Registered
521 Posts
NCSabreRider said:
Do not think of the Lindby's in terms of crash protection. I went down last summer and the Lindby folded very quickly; their construction and attachment to the bike are very light weight. In fact there is a sticker on them warning that they are for appeanace only and do not provide crash protection.

I replaced them with a set of Cobras.

john
'04 Sabre
The cobras can't legally offer "crash protection" either, thanks to this letigious society. Though, I can attest that in low speeds, my dad's newly aquired engine guard did save his paint job, but still needed to be replaced. Not sure what brand they are - but not Lindby.

I just like the looks of the Lindby's over the rest. I wouldn't buy them - or any similar item - for "crash protection." That's what my cage is for. :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I already have Cobras, and the Kury offset pegs. I am not going to spend another $300 on bars. If I did not have any, I would consider the Lindy's.
I already have the 7 " forward control relocation brackets, still polishing them, have not tried them yet.
Will obviously have to lose the crash bars and pegs to use them, not sure which route I will take yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.