Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Phantom a few weeks ago. Picked up an 18 leftover for a great price and absolutely love it. Looks great and love canyon carving. Put on 600 miles or so in 2 weekends. Problem is lacking power on highway and wind. Thinking to add a quick release windshield, cobra exhaust and air intake. I never had a fuel injected bike and not sure where to start. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Would be interesting to know how little horsepower it puts out (emissions and EPA standards) seems only cars and trucks are the only ones that still advertise horsepower ratings, I couldn't find anything for the phantom.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Swifty. Appreciate the help! Think it’s worth it or should I just get a larger bike?

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
I don't have any experience with them since I have an old carbed bike. But maybe other guys will chime in.

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
Funny how we all want MORE HORSEPOWER !!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
The Phantom is basically the Aero re-branded. I had a bat fairing on my Aero and didn't really get it for speed, mainly to just enjoy the ride. There are pictures in my garage. You can contact @PhantomRider64 for some good Phantom answers.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks va. Looks sweet! How hard is it to remove the bat fairing? Looks like it would definitely do the trick on the highway but would like to take it off around town. Thanks!

·
Registered
477 Posts
According to this site:
https://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/Honda/honda_vt750c2a_shadow_phantom 10.htm

It puts out 44.9 hp @ 5500 rpm and 49.7 ft/lb torque @ 3500 rpm
Phil
That's what I love about websites like this, usually there's someone that knows where to get the information. Awesome.

So according to that website my old 700, when it was new made 62hp, 17 more than the phantom, they must really have the fuel injection de-tuned for a 750 to be less than a 700, with the right tuning that thing should be WAY more than a carbureted 700.

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
You bought a cruiser. You want a performance sled. With a couple of legendary exceptions (Magna, Vmax) they are not interchangeable.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is the phantom really underpowered for the freeway? I bought one a few weeks ago, but consider myself too inexperienced for the freeway.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
I was there last year. Rode the Aero for 3 years and it felt great, did everything I asked it to do, but it needs a 6th gear on the highway. Then I won a weekend rental of a Harley, which I really enjoyed, but knew I couldn’t afford. What I did learn is I wanted a bigger bike. I bought a 1300 VTX and haven’t looked back. Lots of power and a nicely balanced bike.

Sitting on my VTX making Vroom Vroom noises.

https://www.hondashadow.net/forum/members/albums/213858-smurfy71/2008-honda-vtx-1300t-16842-picture71386-vtx.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,998 Posts
Is the phantom really underpowered for the freeway? I bought one a few weeks ago, but consider myself too inexperienced for the freeway.

It shouldn't be. I run my carbed 750 spirit at 70-80mph on a regular basis.

·
Registered
27 Posts

I would say no. 70 mine purrs. Maintained 90-95 on a trip to Vegas. She was screaming, but it did just fine.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts