Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,032 Posts
Sorry I am not up there but I have the same bike and have a collector plate here in Washington state. They have restrictions here too on the usage for the collector plate such as For Parades, For riding to Display at a show, and for Testing. I am not a long distance rider but run around here within a 30 mile area, and don't think there will ever be a problem unless I am pulled over for speeding,etc.
"But I was just giving my carbs a long run to get the crap out of the jets," right? Tuning and testing ! LOL
But there is no insurance requirement on bikes in this state, however I did get some basic insurance from Allstate with no problem, all they want to know is year and usage. I am a customer of Allstate already with home and auto.
I went on the website of the my state and the DMV explains all the requirements for licensing and restrictions you need to know. Maybe that can be the best help.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,032 Posts
Are your police very suspicious and ticket hungry up there? If you live in a small town the police may be more critical. I think a guy riding safe and sane would not cause the police to examine your plate.
You might even ask a local officer if they are critical about that type of plate. I had second thoughts after I got mine but it is a one time fee, without yearly tab renewal, and I don't ride long distances. So I spent extra to get the collector plate.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,032 Posts
Best to contact your insurance agent there. With mine I believe it is rated on age of bike and miles driven, my age, my citation record, and that I took MSF class and have the endorsement. Also discounts with other policies with them, home and auto.
But as I said this state does not require bike insurance, but Oregon and Idaho do, so you have to be insured if you travel to the next state.
Here helmets are required so maybe they think a helmet is just as good as insurance? :roll:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.